"B-But I'm unhappy." I whisper brokenly. Mika looks crestfallen.

"Yuu-chan," He starts to sound desperate. "Your life won't be full of rules, I swear! We'll do lots of fun things, okay? I'll take you places and we'll see beautiful sights. There's beauty in the realm that I would love to show you. I promise that I can make you happy! Just allow me to. Give me a chance, alright?"

But I don't want. You can't make a promise that you can't keep.

"Oh." Is all I say. This causes Mika to frown. Oh no. Did I make him mad?

He cups my face with his hands and tilts my face up so that we're eye-to-eye. He leans forward and presses a warm kiss to my lips. I shiver and try to hide the feeling of disgust brewing inside of me. This monster thinks it's okay to kiss me.

"I know it's rough now but please stay with me. Everything will work out. You just need to trust me. And I know that I'm the last person you would want to trust, but you have to. Look, I know I've been doing horrible things to you but that's only because you were disobedient. If you follow the four simple rules, we can have tons of fun! And you won't be unhappy anymore," My eyes water again, threatening to spill more tears out of my swollen eyes and down my blotchy cheeks. "You look so miserable." He whispers.

"You killed my best friends." I choke out. He crawls into bed with me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close.

"I'm sorry..."

"No you're not!" I sob. Mika tightens his grip on me.

"Don't talk back to me."

I push him away with all of my strength.

"This is what I'm talking about!" I wail. "You're horrible to me! You won't even let me speak! I have to be a robot around you all the d*mn time and I'm sick of it! You treat me like sh*t and push me around until I'm too broken to move! You do horrible things to me like killing the ones I care about! Then you get mad at me for refusing to love you and you punish me all over again!" I'm sobbing so loud that I'm pretty sure those nasty guards in Mika's torture zone can hear me crying.

I expect Mika to be mad and slap me or something, but instead he pulls me back into his arms and hugs me tighter.

"Baby, I'm really sorry...I really am...I wish I could make you happy...I really do." It sounds like Mika's crying. I try to keep a blank face. He doesn't really care. He's trying to play the victim and I won't have it.

I stay silent this time, hoping that he's not expecting a reply from me, or some sort of sympathy. It's not like I've never felt bad for him before, because I have. I know he has a rough family life, but to be honest I've had a rough life my whole life. He can't use that as an excuse because I don't go around acting high and mighty and kidnapping innocent people.

You're human, Yuu. Not a vampire.

I'm shocked by the startling voice in my head that's defending him. What the...what am I doing?

"Let's go take a walk outside for some fresh air, okay?" He says as he pulls back and sniffles, wiping away his tears with his sleeves. I turn away.

"Fine."

He helps me up and then wraps an arm around me to support my weight. I'm still weak from his abuse. This sparks his attention and he frowns at my struggle to stay upright.

"I'm so sorry for hurting you...I lose control all of the time and it's so hard for me. You have no idea." He says softly. I don't reply, because what is there to say? 'It's okay' when it's really not?

After a short walk (which was very painful for me), we reach the large castle doors on the first floor that lead out to another beautiful garden in the back that's much like the one we've already been to. I start to envision what it would have looked like if I had thrown myself out the window.

Here's how it would look:

I would throw myself out and my blood would splatter all over the flowers and then the guards would come running, calling Mika's name. Mika would come bursting through the balcony doors and fling himself dramatically over the edge. He'll land in a crouch on the floor in front of my mess. He would drop to his knees and start wailing, calling my name and soaking himself in my blood.

Okay...I've officially lost my mind.

"Yuu-chan?" I snap out of my morbid daydreaming.

"Huh?"

"I asked you a question."

"I-I didn't hear it..." He rubs a soft circle on my back.

"I asked you if you liked the garden." I look around with wide eyes. As much as I hate the vampire realm, I do have to admit that the place is beautiful.

Flowers cover every corner, with colours of red and white. Roses make heart-shaped patterns in the high grasses. Large stone statues of famous vampires are spread out among the garden, and a stone path leads the way to the end of it. Large gates are at the start and end, and there are bird baths and ponds scattered around. Little decorations every now and then like a wind chime or a bow are hidden in some places. The place has a calm and peaceful feel to it. It is overall very relaxing and probably the safest part of the vampire realm.

Mika waits expectantly for my answer, and I answer with a stutter (no surprise there).

"U-Um, yeah...it's pretty." Mika smiles and pulls me closer to him.

"Beautiful, yes. Just like you." I turn away and squeeze my eyes shut momentarily. I can't let his sickening sweet words get the best of me. He's put me through Hell and still is putting me through Hell, and he just killed two of my best friends. I can't let him trick me with his stupid little compliments.

"The sun is so beautiful with the purple sky," Mika comments, snapping me out of my thoughts once again. "I wish it could always stay that way. So pretty." He murmurs with a longing sigh. I allow myself to glance up at the sky. It is pretty, but I prefer my skies to be blue or pink.

The wind starts to pick up and Mika suggests we head inside. It appears that a storm is coming. We hurry inside, and just as we step inside it starts to rain outside. Mika laughs as a clap of thunder rings out and causes me to flinch.

"Looks like we made it inside just in time." He says as he ushers me upstairs.

We make our way to Mika's room and I feel Mika's eyes on me the whole way.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly. Is that really an appropriate question given the circumstance?

"Um...yeah." Mika raises an eyebrow.

"Are you lying to me?" I stare down at my feet, feeling my face heat up and the tips of my ears turning red.

"I-I don't like storms. Especially thunderstorms..." Mika's face softens and he grabs my hand, squeezing it softly.

"Don't worry, darling. I'm right here."

Like that's supposed to make me feel better.

~

A.N. The storm is in the next chapter! Please vote and comment! Thanks so much for the support, as always it's greatly appreciated. :) xx

Love ya! 💜💜💜

~Nia :D xoxo

(Do any of you like Kpop, specifically BTS? And if not BTS, what other Kpop do you like? I like tons of it! Just curious). xo