"Mark made pancakes. I pray for you." She said before leaving, back into the kitchen.

"Pray for us?" I asked Flash.

"Mark is a lot of things but, a cook, isn't one of those things." He said.

"Oh." I dragged out, looking down at the plate in front of me.

"I mean they're not going to kill you, but if you're looking for flavor, you came to the wrong house."

I let out a chuckle as Hadley came back into the room carrying another plate. She set it on the table and yelled.

"Come on Rollins we don't have all day!"

Seth came into the room seconds later and sat in the chair the plate was in front of.

"Thanks Hadley." He smiled before she nodded and walked into the kitchen once again.

"What're we talking about?" Seth asked.

Flash looked at me and smiled.

"Nothing, mate." He smiled, Mark and Hadley came out with a plate of pancakes each and sat down at the table. Hadley beside Seth and Mark at the head of the table.

"I could've made yours for you." Mark said to Hadley.

"I'm capable." She said, glancing over at him. "I don't want your pancakes."

"Fine, fine." He said as he began cutting his up. I looked to Seth as he shoved a forkful in his mouth and began to chew. A look of disgust grew on his face as he swallowed. I looked down at my plate, nervous. Were they really that bad?

"You got syrup?" He asked.

"Yeah, mate. I'll go get it." Mark said before getting up and walking into the kitchen. He came back seconds later waving a bottle of syrup in his hand and placed in on the table in front of Seth. Seth opened the bottle and doused the pancakes. I heard a small laugh come from Hadley and I looked to see her watching Seth.

"They're great." Seth said, lying to Mark.

"Thank you, the secret is love." Mark said earning a laugh from Flash.

"I think you mean carelessness with flavoring." Hadley spoke up.

"What?" Mark asked.

"You don't put any flavor in your food, Mark." Flash said for Hadley. "That's why I always insist on cooking."

Mark rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, lets just eat and get on the road."

We all soon choked down our breakfast and went out to Mark's car. We all threw our bags in the trunk before piling in the car.

Flash told Mark he would drive, placing himself in the drivers seat. Mark sat in the passenger seat leaving Seth Hadley and I crammed in the backseat, with Hadley between Seth and I.

———

"How far until Birmingham?" Seth asked, looking at his phone.