13

ERRORS AHEAD

Comments tnx.

#IARWDOE
——

I don't understand why he suddenly stopped texting, I tried dialling his number again because I've started getting worried but he just won't pick it up.

But right now, it is different because my call just won't get through since yesterday. Did he change his number? Why didn't he tell me? Did he lose his phone?

I've refreshed my email to keep it updated just in case he emails me his number even if that's so far from happening but there's nothing here except school related stuff. Sighing, I relaxed my back against my seat. What's happening? Before I start thinking of more dangerous things that could have happened to him, I ran my way downstairs and towards his house.

"Eomoni!" I called his mother's attention right after I entered their house. I slightly bowed my head and greeted his father who is currently watching the television.

He smiled when he saw me, "Oh, Youngjin-ah. Have you eaten your dinner?"

"Yes! It's delicious as usual, Ahjussi." He dropped by the house a couple of hours ago and gave my family some galbi that Eomoni cooked with her own recipe. Kyungsoo got that from her, the love for cooking. I pointed the kitchen where I can hear Eomoni's voice, "Is Eomoni talking to someone?"

He nodded his head and changed the channel he's watching, "She's on the phone with Kyungsoo."

My brows furrowed in confusion, "Kyungsoo Oppa? Did he change his number again?" Because it'll be weird if he's calling his mother when I my calls couldn't get through since last night, right?

Ahjussi's forehead creased, "Youngjin, he didn't change his number. He always texts me everyday."

Everyday? I text him everytime I get a chance in every day so why isn't he replying for two weeks now and why can't I call him? I faked a smile and told him I'll go greet Eomoni in the kitchen. The wild thing inside my chest feels weak right now, it feels tired and bruised somehow even without anyone touching it.

Eomoni was sitting at the dinner table with her phone pressed against her ear, she's smiling brightly like how she usually does whenever she talks with either of her sons. I cleared my throat to ler her know that I'm around, she raised her head and smiled wider when she saw me. My hand motioned her to continue talking with Kyungsoo and not to mind me.

"Are you sleeping well these days? You sound more tired lately, Kyungsoo-ya."

I didn't realize I was holding my breath until I finally confirmed she was really talking to him. The list of questions inside my mind gets longer and longer as I stare at Eomoni who seems happy talking to him. Why are you doing this to me? I have so many things to tell you, why can't I suddenly reach you? What happened? Why did we go back to zero? What are those kisses for? Is the 'soon' you're talking about still coming? I was pulled out of trance when Eomoni said something that caught my attention, "Youngjin is here, talk to her and I'll just finish the dishes."

I immediately waved my hands to say no. I don't want to talk to him! Not right now when it's obvious how he's avoiding me! But Eomoni took my hand and gave me the phone, "Talk to him."

Ugh! I hate that they don't have any idea that we are not in good terms, that there is something wrong between us and especially in him! Eomoni, your son is hurting me!

I took a deep breath before I finally gathered all the courage left in me and said, "Hello?"

He hanged up right after that. Weakly, I placed Eomoni's phone on the table. "He's probably tired, Eomoni, because he ended the call." I have no clue who I'm convincing though, if it's his mother or me. My stomach is churning and I am so close to throwing up. I quickly excused myself and went back to our house, not minding Eomoni's questions if I'm feeling well.