Noctis and Prompto snorted with laughter while Gladio and Ignis smiled in amusement. The prince stopped laughing once he realized Ardyn hadn't taken off yet. "Let's hit the road already."

Grinning, the man nodded. "As you wish. Drive safely, now." Ardyn drives on ahead with the Regalia following shortly after.

After a brief silence, the blonde in the passenger's seat spoke up. "First Galdin, and then Lestallum... What a coincidence, huh?"

"Way too convenient to be a coincidence. I reckon he's following us around," Gladio scoffed at the thought.

"But to what end? That question bothers me deeply, as does his origin," Ignis stated, his eyes traveling to the car in front of them.

"Hell, even (Y/n) doesn't like him and she's only known him for ten minutes," Noctis snickered. "And she's one of the most deadly mystical beings in mythology. That's gotta say something about the guy."

Prompto nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It's hard for me to picture that guy in the empire, though."

"But it's even harder to imagine him as a Lucian," Gladio commented.

"I'd sooner not rely on him," the strategist added.

"I agree. We should-" (Y/n) suddenly fell silent, her eyes widening as a chill shot down her spine. Her body went rigid as a few sable locks blew in front of her face.

Noctis saw her face and stiff body, wondering what had her in such a trance. "(Y/n)?" He called out, his eyes glued to her form that reflected in the rear view mirror. The other boys saw her state and Ignis placed a hand on her arm. When he did, he could feel just how cold her skin truly was even through his gloves.

(Y/n)'s head snapped to the right as they passed a small pond. Through the trees that lined the outer banks of the small body of water, she spotted movement and smelt a horrid stench. Noctis slammed on brakes and Gladio places an arm in front of the Horseman to prevent her from flying forward and through the windshield. Not even the force of the sudden stop snapped her back to reality. Ardyn had heard the Regalia's squealing brakes and pulled his car off the road and to a complete stop.

Noctis turned in the driver's seat, trying to snap Death back to reality. "Hey, (Y/n), c'mon." He shook her shoulders as he leaned over the center console. The shaking didn't work and he moved his hands to her cheeks. He grabbed both sides of her face and forced her to look at him. He saw her (e/c) eyes were dilated and wouldn't focus on him no matter how loud he shouted her name.

An idea popped into Noctis' mind as one of his hands wandered down to his pocket and he grabbed the summoning orb he had received from the Horseman last night. Once his hand grasped the orb that was only slightly bigger than his palm, he called out her name one more time. "(Y/n)!" His other hand rested on her cheek as he watched her blink a few times and swallow hard.

"They're here..." the girl mumbled.

"Who's here, (Y/n)? You're not makin' any sense," Noctis stated calmly.

"The Wendigo..."

At the name, the four boys glanced to where her gaze was once glued. From the trees emerged creatures they had never seen before.

 From the trees emerged creatures they had never seen before