I eyed him suspiciously. "Why should I take something from you, a stranger that wouldn't give me his name?" I asked, keeping my hands folded in my lap.

The male kept the bowl held out in front of him as if he knew that I would take it sooner or later. "If I wanted you dead, I would have left you there with your mate dying," he said. "And you may call me Hermes."

"Hermes?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation. "Like the messenger for Greek Gods?"

"Yes," he replied, nodding his head. "It shouldn't be the weirdest thing you have heard." He pushed the bowl towards me. "Now, eat. You haven't eaten anything, and I am sure that you are famished. You need to keep up your strength."

My stomach growled at the thought of food, and I could tell that I was hungry. However, a part of me was suspicious of him even though that small part trusted him. It was like I had known him before, been in this same spot but for a different reason. "Why don't you take some first? I am sure that you haven't eaten, and it would be rude of me not to share," I replied. And, I want to see if it is poisoned, I thought.

The male, Hermes, smirked. "It is not poisoned," he said, wagging his finger. "However, because you have offered it, I shall take a bite." He grabbed another spoon from somewhere and took a bite of the food. "See? I am not dead. Now, eat." He pushed the bowl towards me, and I took it from him.

I looked down at the food and pursed my lips in disgust. It looked like this purple goo and throw stuff, and it did not look appetizing at all.

"It is better than it tastes," Hermes said with a soft laugh. "Go on, take a bite."

I hesitated but took the spoon in my hand. I took a deep breath, grabbed some of the food, and stuck it in my mouth, hoping that it wouldn't kill me. "Mmm," I said, my eyes widening a bit at the taste. I nodded my head and took another bite out of it. "It tastes like Neapolitan Ice Cream," I said, covering my mouth because it was full. "I am pleasantly surprised."

Hermes's gaze softened, and he looked relaxed that I was eating the food. "That was the same thing you had said when I had you tried it the first time," he said, and I raised an eyebrow. He waved his hand, grimacing. "I can't explain, not yet at least."

"Then stop telling me this stuff," I replied. I cleared my throat and finished the bowl. "What can you tell me?"

"There are people that do have magical powers," he said, taking the bowl from me. He placed it in the sink. "I am one of them."

I gave him a blank look, figuring that out because he had been standing over my mate and me, and healed us.

Hermes smirked, catching my look. "We are a group called Wisters. You can ask your brother about us. He knows a lot about us."

"Which brother?"

"John," Hermes replied. He sat down. "However, there is some information that even he will not be able to tell you."

I grimaced, hating the fact that there were more secrets that people were hiding from me. "Of course he can't," I muttered. "Is it because I am too young or too stupid?"

"Neither," Hermes replied. He had a scowl on his face, and I could tell that he did not like me saying that I was stupid. "You just have to pass some tests to be able to know it."

I raised my eyebrow and stayed silent.

"One test you had already passed," he said. "You had given me some of your food, even though it was for a different reason than what the tested wanted."

"And the others?" I asked.

"There is a test of strength, bravery, healing, sacrifice, love, power, control, forgiveness, knowledge, leadership, and others that I have forgotten." He dismissively waved his hand that caused me to scowl. "You will learn about them later on."

"How am I if I don't know what I'm supposed to be learning?" I asked, and he shrugged. I huffed and shook my head. "How am I supposed to keep track of what I have done and didn't do?"

"With this," he said, pulling out a bracelet. He handed it to me. "You're going to have to keep this on you at all times. As soon as each stone is glowing, then you will be able to find out what has been hidden from you."

I hesitated and took the bracelet from him. I noticed that it was a leather band with nineteen stones placed evenly apart from each other. One of them was glowing this white color, but it wasn't as bright as I thought it would be. "Am I just supposed to wear it?" I asked, and he nodded.

"And not take it off."

I nodded my head and placed the bracelet on my wrist. "What can you tell me about the Dark Forces?" I asked, fiddling with the bracelet. I looked up to see that he was grimacing.

"They are a dangerous group, especially the ones that you haven't faced head on yet," he replied.

"The one with magical powers?" I asked, and he nodded. "They had taken control of a Tiger. Is there a way that I can break the spell?"

"There is," he confirmed, nodding his head. "But, you are not ready for it." He raised his hand, and I closed my mouth without a word. "You don't have the proper tools nor training. Once you do, then you will be able to help."

"So, am I just supposed to protect him until I am ready?" I asked, and he nodded in confirmation. I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. "How am I supposed to do that?"

"By doing what you are doing," Hermes replied. "Having one of your friends to watch him, someone that you trust."

I frowned and nodded my head. "Can you help me find Bethany?" I asked, not even mentioning who Bethany was. I had a feeling that he already knew. I had a feeling that he already knew stuff that I didn't even know.

Hermes smiled sadly and shook his head. "I'm not allowed," he said, "but you are a smart female, and I am sure that you will have no trouble finding her. You have to wait for the right light to appear at the right time."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

Hermes shook his head and looked around as if he was noticing something. "Oh!" he exclaimed, jumping up. He started to hurry around, collecting stuff that looked random. "We're out of time. I didn't expect you to be out that long."

"Wait; what?"

"We're out of time. You're going to need to wake up soon."

"But, I thought I was already awake." I stood, feeling slightly woozy. "Hermes!"

Hermes stopped what he was doing and pushed me into a sitting position. "Sit, sit," he said. "You can't stand. You'll topple over and hurt yourself."

"Then answer my question. I thought I was already awake."

Hermes started to pack up everything else that he needed to get. "You are, partially," he replied. "However, not really." He moved over to me and shoved the bag into my arms. "Here, clutch this tight, and don't let go for whatever reason."

"Wait; what?"

"No time," he said. He took a step back and waved as the world started to spin. "I will see you again, I promise, and I will help with whatever I can. I'll see you soon."

And with that, everything went black.