Ch.30: E-mails from God

A ping from his computer has Lucifer glancing up at his computer. In the top right corner a notification informs him of a new E-mail. Lucifer raises an eyebrow as he sees who the E-mail is from. Why would he be E-mailing him? The two have not spoken in over a century, so why now? Lucifer was not even aware that he knew how to E-mail, let alone have a computer.

Lucifer shakes his head of his thoughts as he pulls up his E-mail. His E-mail is pretty empty considering Lucifer does not have many friends. Who would want to be friends with the Devil himself? Most demons and angels are afraid of Lucifer because they fear Lucifer will damn and torture them.

Their fear is not misplaced, however, because Lucifer has damned and tortured demons and angels alike before in the past. When Lucifer first took up his position in Hell, he was not the same man that he is now. If someone angered him he showed them exactly why they should not. Which could also be why he can count his friend's list on one hand.

Lucifer rolls his eyes at his train of thought and clicks on the new E-mail.

Dearest son,

I hope you are doing well. I have been keeping an eye on you like I always have, and I must admit, you are faring even better than I hoped. These past few months I have been watching even more because I knew what was coming. I am pleased to see that you have taken to the human, Ace, very well.

Mates are a beautiful thing; do you not agree?

I have always known you would take a human as a mate. Ace was destined to rule by your side since the moment I created his soul. Of course, at the time of creation, I had no idea that he would be such a wonderful match for you. It was not until I spoke to him that I realized he was a perfect match for you.

I was not wrong either, you chose him all on your own, my dearest son. Which pleases me greatly, you have no idea just how much it pleases me. I feared that I would have to meddle to get the two of you together, or at least meddle to get you to give him a chance. But, you chose all on your own. Quite suddenly, I must say, but you still chose him of your own accord without any meddling on my end. Although, I was quite shocked to learn that you formed a Blood Bond with him, but it pleases me even more.

Now, my Light Bringer, the reason for this electronic mail was to invite you over. I would very much love to see you again, my son, it has been far too long. And, of course, I would love to see Ace again. I have not seen him since he left me to be born as a mortal. Ace most likely does not remember me, but that is quite all right. As long as I can see my child again now.

As for you, Lucifer, I believe it is time you come home for a visit. Your brothers and sisters would also like to see you; I am quite positive of this. It is important that the eldest makes an appearance once in a while, especially when he has chosen a mate, it will set a good example for the younger ones. You also left on a bad note with Michael and I wish you two would make up. I do not like to see my children fight and argue to the point they do not even speak to each other and pretend the other does not exist.

Also, I would like to show Ace something. Of course, you could see, too, if Ace allows it. It is nothing to be alarmed over, I just wish to get to know him better and see how he is doing. I am very much aware of his situation on Earth, which saddens me greatly, but I have to remind myself that Ace chose that life for himself. You may be curious and confused as to why he chose that life, but just know that he chose that life for a reason. That life also lead to you faster than if he were to choose another life.

Lucifer, my dearest son, please, come visit. Your old room is still available and untouched, except for the occasional cleaning. I will personally make sure you and Ace were comfortable. Besides, I think Ace would enjoy seeing Heaven again, considering he probably forgot what it was like.

Bring your heir with you, Lucifer, I would very much like to meet him as well.

Please consider, Lucifer. I will eagerly await your answer or arrival, either one will do.

Your heartbroken father,

God

Lucifer sighs as he finishes the E-mail. The letter sounded formal at the beginning, but the more he read, the more Lucifer realized that God has changed. He is not as uptight as he used to be. He even threw in that he was heartbroken, which he very much could be considering he loves all his children, even the mortals.

Lucifer has to admit, he did not like to be reminded of his brother, Michael. Lucifer does not hate many things, but he strongly dislikes his younger brother, Michael, he almost hates him. Lucifer is more than positive that if he were to see Michael he would immediately hate him. Michael is just a horrible angel and Lucifer wishes God never created the bastard.

However, Lucifer does agree that it is about time he visits his first home. It would be good to see his other, less horrible, siblings. He can do without seeing Michael, but the others he would like to see. And he would more than love to show off Ace.

Ace will love Heaven. After seeing the wishing well, Lucifer is positive that he would love to see Heaven. And Lucifer is willing to do anything, even suffer through a family reunion, to give Ace what he wants.

However, Lucifer will have to keep a close eye on his sweet boy. Ace is not aware of just how perfect he is, but Michael is sure to realize it immediately. And if Michael so much as looks at Ace inappropriately, Lucifer will raise Hell on him; quite literally.

Lucifer is also aware that God needs to meet Tempest. The child is his heir after all. The only child to have inherited both his angel and demon sides. Not that Lucifer wants to take the child to Heaven, not while he is still so young and helpless. It has to happen, though, and now would be the perfect opportunity.

Lucifer clicks on the reply button and sends a quick response back.

Fine, we will come for a visit.

He responds, quick and to the point.