Chapter 1 - How Are You Here

[Quick mention: so there's no confusion- Anything typed in italics is Keith's thoughts.
Also really sorry these chapters r slow, school keeps me real busy, but I'm planning to do better :) ]

I get it's been rough lately but just do this one favour for me...that's all I ask" Shiro spoke with Keith as they walked down the corridors of the garrison. Students were getting to class and Shiro was the one that taught Keith's next period.

they enter the classroom, their was unlimited amounts of energy from the students that slowly died down when everyone noticed the room was now under teacher supervision ,of course the occasional chatter between some made its appearance. Keith took his seat near the window not pulling any of his books out his bag out as he knew he'd have to leave shortly.

"please quieten down...alright everyone id like to introduce a student you may be familiar with, also a friend of mine-his skills proved quite impressive and Admirable suggested he be moved up...wanna introduce yourself?"

Keith turned away from the window raising his eyebrow and looking up
no fucking way...
Keiths eyes were wide open confused at the situation and person in front of the class.

"Hey you all know me-The names lance" lance smirks, his eyes searching the room until Shiro spoke again "Keith? Please show Mr McClain around" Keith nods slowly still confused and slightly speechless.

———————————

Classes began and Keith was left with lance in the corridor of the school, Keith wanted answers. Now.

"You.."

"Me?" Lances smirk never seemed to leave his face why is he smiling?!
"Don't get cute with me McClain. You jumped of a bridge?!"

You could tell the realisation hit lance when he let out a small sigh however Keith continued "I know what I saw" folding his arms shortly after.

Lance scoffs hand on hip "so...I do it all the time" Keith grips his fist at his response "what are you some kind of ghost?.."

"Not exactly- Underneath the bridge there's a small ledge that sticks out a little -but it's enough for me to jump on and climb down..i Ninja my way down and it's a quicker way for me to get here"

He continued having Keith's attention "maybe next time you can jump with me"

"Your crazy.."

"Crazy for you.." lance smirks flirtatiously earning an eye roll from Keith.

Always there are more paths than clues and Keith couldn't get this head wrapped around the whole situation yet he was willing to let their little outburst go.

Keith slumps, hands in his pockets "fine whatever...shi- Professor Shirogone wanted me to show you around so...let's get this over with—" he turned expecting to be followed by the other student yet lance didn't move. "—are your coming or what?"

"Sure whatever"

———————————

"Annddd that's the simulator, commander Iverson mostly teachers but Shiro helps out too" Keith pointed to the nearest door.

The hallway must have been designed by a manic depressive, either that or someone obsessed by grey. The Commanding officers, military doctors and the Teachers had done their bit, hanging posters in primary colours, yet the overall impression was of drabness.

The bell suddenly rings which made Keith glad, he didn't wanna be with this kid any longer...not really anyway "well see ya" Keith stated as he walked away until "..um kogane? professor Galra's class is that way" lance corrected him.

"How Do u know my schedule?"

Lance sighed rolling his eyes placing a smug grin on his face "there's a reason Shiro made us desk buddies mullet...where are you really going smart-guy"

Keith turned back to him "skipping class McClain what do u think?"

"I'll join you"