Safe

"I still don't get why I have to be the designated driver," Sean said, sighing as his friends piled out of his car.

"Well, it would have been Julian if he hadn't canceled," Josh said, slapping his friend on the back.

"That's exactly why he canceled. He didn't want to come to a club and not be allowed to drink," Sean replied.

"Oh come on Lew, you barely drink anyway. And besides, you're the only one that you trust in keeping us all safe anyway right?" Josh asked him. Sean looked in front of him at the giggling girls. Kaycee had surprised everyone when she said she wanted to go to a club for her twenty-first birthday celebration. Especially since her two best girl friends were still underage, but they had procured convincing fake IDs that they had decided only to use for that one night.

"Yeah, I guess," he said, taking out his wallet to show his legitimate ID to the bouncer at the door. The girls had all passed by without a second glance, the man at the door taking more of a look at their legs than at their IDs. Sean found himself clenching his jaw as the man's eyes lingered on Kaycee's chest as she passed by him.

"And I would hate to see what drunk Sean Lew would act like around Kaycee. Especially when she's dressed like that," Josh said, nudging his friend on the shoulder and casting his own appreciative glance at his younger friend. Sean punched his friend a little bit harder than friendly on the arm.

"Oh relax, you know I'm right. You have your work cut out for you tonight," Josh said, following the girls to the bar before they got lost in the crowd. Sean knew he was right. He couldn't keep his own eyes off the girl with her tight crop top and wild curls. Her heeled boots and white jeans made for a more conservative look, but her beauty spoke for itself and it was hard to miss.

When he shook himself out of staring at his best friend, he too joined them at the bar, glaring at Josh as he ordered a glass of water.

"I'm sorry Sean, I wish there was a way we could all have fun," Kaycee said, hugging his side and looking up at him.

"Don't worry about me Kayc, I've decided that drinking isn't for me anyway, I can have just as good of a time without it. You have fun, I'll be here when everyone's ready to leave," he said, wrapping an arm lightly around her shoulder.

"Are you sure it's okay?"

He leaned down and left a light kiss on her forehead causing her to giggle.

"I'm positive." She smiled again, squeezing him from the side before letting him go to grab her drink from the bartender. She thanked him and rejoined the conversation between Tahani and Bailey. He watched her until he felt a hard slap against his back and saw Josh go to stand in front of him, essentially blocking his view.

"How 'bout this, I'll try and stay sober with you for a while okay?" Josh said, motioning to the bartender that he wanted to glass of water.

"No, it's fine Josh."

"I honestly think it's a better idea because if you're going to be staring at Kaycee all night, who's going to look out for me, Bailey, Tahani?" Josh smiled at his friend, taking the glass of water that the bartender set in front of him. Sean laughed and shook his head before taking a sip of his own water.

"Whatever you want to do Josh. I'm not going to stop you."

-----

Sean slammed his glass down on the bartop, garnering the attention of the people around him. He offered them a sheepish apology, his eyes never leaving the sight in front of him.

The same guy who had been watching Kaycee from the side of the room for most of the night was now making his way towards her, his eyes not wavering from her backside. Sean clenched his fists from his position across the room, ready to make his way over to her if she needed it. Bailey and Tahani were a few feet away, too drunk to notice anything that was happening. Josh was mostly sober but he had just left for the bathroom leaving Sean all alone at the bar.