One Day

"Sean, stop it, I'm trying to watch this," Kaycee said, giggling as she pushed his head away.

"We can watch this later. You should pay attention to me now," he whined, grabbing her wrists and pinning them to her sides.

"Oh my goodness," she said, laughing as he left feather-light kisses all over her face. "I've already had to rewind this part four times."

"Kaycee you've already seen this like a billion times. You can miss this part once," he said, motioning to the Planet Earth rerun that was on the screen.

"But the penguins are so cute," she said, making a cooing noise at the screen.

"Cuter than me?" He asked, pulling her down so that she was laying in between him and the couch. She let out a small squeal at the unexpected motion.

"Of course not," she said, sighing as she settled into her new position.

"That's what I thought," he said, leaning in to kiss her. She pulled away giggling and reached over him to grab the remote.

"Kaycee," he groaned, trying to pull her back.

"Relax! I'm just pausing the tv so I can give you my undivided attention," she said, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"Good," he said, wrapping his arms around her waist when she put the remote back down.

"Sean?" Kaycee asked, not letting herself get distracted by his lips on her neck.

"Hmm?" He hummed against her skin.

"Do you think you could live without me?" She asked, biting her lip between her teeth.

"Of course not. What are talking about?" He asked, leaning back to look her in the eyes.

"I think you could," she said, smiling as she kissed him on the nose.

"Why would I want to do that?" He asked squeezing her hip in his hand.

"We're together every day. I don't want you to get bored of me," Kaycee said, leaning her head back against the couch.

"Are you on something? Why would you think that?" He asked, moving his hand to cup her cheek. She giggled and grabbed his hand, threading her fingers through his.

"I don't know. I don't think that I actually think that. I just want to see if you can go a whole day without me," she said, looking at him directly.

"Why would I want to do that though?" He asked smiling lovingly at her.

"I think it would be interesting," she said, kissing him lightly on the lips.

"I mean, it would suck, but I think I could do it," he said, pulling her closer.

"Prove it," she challenged, a smirk making its way across her face.

"How?"

"Day after tomorrow, no calls no texts no contact no nothing," she said.

"Can't you just take my word for it?" He asked, sticking his bottom lip out in a pout.

"Nope, you said you could, now prove it," she said, giggling as she pressed a kiss to his protruding lip.

"Ugh, fine," he sighed, giving in.

"Yay," she said, kissing his cheek.

"On one condition," he said, putting a finger to her lips to stop her movements.

"What?" She asked, moving his finger away.

"Tomorrow you have to go to prom with me."

"Prom?" She asked, her eyebrows knitting together.