fifty nine

Three weeks had passed since the night Brad called me. I had managed to go to sixth form a few times but every chance Frankie got, she'd patronise me for hooking up with Brad first so I stopped going eventually, deciding I'll do the work at home and then attend the exams in May.

In the meantime, Aiden and I were officially living together. My dad didn't take it lightly since I'm 'too young to be leaving him' and that I needed to wait until he's a 'crippling old man' but he got over it eventually, agreeing that it's a suitable decision since Aiden and I are engaged.

I never got a reply back from Connor but he had read the message, so I hoped he looked after Brad. I also haven't heard from Brad since, and I can only hope he's okay.

"I made you some breakfast," Aiden smiles as I walk into the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen island. Most days he's out and I have the house to myself, so I go out shopping since he has someone chauffeuring me around since I can't drive.

"Thanks," I smile, taking the plate of sausage, eggs and beans plus some cutlery. "What you doing today then, fart face?"

Aiden and I had stupid nicknames for each other, ever since we were friends years ago. While we're at his house, we call each other the ridiculous names but when we're out together, we decided on some cheesy pet names to refer to each other. We've both made some slip ups with our goofy nicknames in the meanwhile.

"As of yet, nothing," Aiden smiles as he sits next to me and I nod. We had pretty much gone back to how we were before he left and I wasn't complaining. It's refreshing. "What do you wanna do today, puss face?"

"Was gonna try and go to sixth form today," I admit. He doesn't know the real reason I don't go, he thinks it's because I'm trying to get over Brad still. "But I can't be bothered anymore. I'm gonna finish watching some shows on Netflix."

"Well, I need to go shopping," Aiden says. "Clothes shopping, anyway. Someone keeps stealing all of my shirts."

My cheeks flush red and I pretend to act oblivious. "I wonder who that is." I was wearing one his graphical shirts.

He smiles at me, before we finish eating our breakfast. Living with Aiden is easier than I thought and I know that once we're officially married, it's going to be super easy living side by side since we're best friends.

"You wanna shop with me?" He asks as he puts the pots in the dishwasher. I'd told him to do mundane jobs like cleaning up after himself instead of relying on his maids all of the time.

"I don't really need any new clothes," I shrug as we walk up to our room. That's where I spend my time since he's got a tv at the end of the bed for me to watch instead of going downstairs.

"You can help me decide what to wear," Aiden suggests and I nod. "You don't have to, I can go by myself."

"It's fine, I'll come with you," I assure him. "You'll probably get lost by yourself."

"I won't," he informs me. "I basically run the damn city, why would I get lost?"

"Doesn't make a different if you run the place," I raise my eyebrows. "You don't have to know the streets of a place to keep it in check."

"Whatever you say," he sing songs. We reach our room and he opens the door for me. "I'm gonna grab a shower. Wanna join?"

"You're gross," I scrunch my nose up. "No thanks."

"You sure? You're smelling a bit ripe," he teases me and I flip him the finger. I'd gotten a shower the night before so all I needed to do was put on some deodorant.

Once we're both ready to leave, we make our way to his garage. It's bustled with plenty of expensive cars of all colours, shapes and sizes. It still astounds me that he can afford all of them.

"You wanna choose the car today?" Aiden asks as my eyes look over all of the cars. My knowledge on them has improved since I've begun living with Aiden considering that he talks about them quite often.

"Can we go in the new one you got?" I ask, stepping close to the black car. "Range Rover—that's what it's called, right?"

He chuckles, grabbing the keys for his car and following me to it. "Yes, well done."

The drive down to the shopping centre was long since Aiden lives out of town by quite a bit but once we're there, we get out and begin shopping.

We go to Selfridges first and he chooses out some shirts with the help of me since I'm going to be wearing half of them by next month anyway. He also buys me a few shirts for myself from the quite expensive parts of the store which earns him an unimpressed scowl.

It's not long until we're back in the car, on the way home. He puts on the radio and we have a sing to the songs we know and mutter about how shit the songs are that we don't know.

He turns to me at one point, grabbing my attention as we reach a red light. "Not to dampen the mood or anything, but I was hoping we could talk about the wedding."

"Yeah? What about it?"

"I was just thinking—,"

"Careful, you don't want to hurt yourself."

He throws a playful scowl my way. "I was thinking that, considering you're not going back to sixth form until exam season, we could start planning the wedding."

I purse my lips. We'd started doing a few things such as where we're going to have it and deciding on some guests, but nothing more than that. Should we start deciding on dresses and suits? Booking venues? We have the time to do it, especially since I'm not going back to sixth form any time soon.

"I don't see why not," I shrug. I could see his shoulders relax as he notices that I'm not in an awful mood that he's brought it up, just like I usually am. "But I want to try on dresses last—my goal is to lose weight for the wedding."

"You're doing a great job at it by sitting in bed all day," he teases me and I throw him a playful glare. "I can get you a personal trainer if you'd like? Someone to help you get fit whenever you want. You don't need to lose any weight for the wedding."

"Thanks," I smile. It's not a surprise that Aiden can afford to get me my own personal trainer. He could probably ring someone up right now and by the time we're home, they'd be reading and rearing to go.

I know that I'm not exactly fat, no one is. Everyone's perfect in their own skin, I just don't feel one hundred percent comfortable in mine.

It's not a case that I want to be the perfect Instagram model type of figure because that's not what I need, and I simply can't be bothered to do that much work.

I also know that I'm not doing it to impress anyone that'll be at the wedding, I just want to feel good about myself.

The only person I would ever feel the need to impress in the slightest is Brad and I know for sure he won't want to go to the wedding anyway.

edited.