forty eight

I wake up in Brad's comforting grasp the next morning. I shoved the ring into my jewellery box yesterday when we got home since Brad was in the shower. If I decide to go through with this, then I have to tell Brad and I'm going to break his heart. That's the only thing stopping me from agreeing.

My head rests on Brad's bare chest when I wake up and it's surprisingly comforting considering it's mostly just muscle. I trace my fingers over the crevices of his abdominals lightly, basking in the silence.

Soft snores escape Brad's lips as he continues to sleep and I smile at him, lifting my head up and lightly kissing his cheek.

The snores stop instantly and I feel his arms tighten around me as he pulls me completely onto him. As I lay on top of him, he presses a kiss to my head.

"Good morning," he says, his voice raspy. I smile and rest my chin on his chest, looking up at him and running my hand through his hair.

"Hey," I whisper out. It was so quiet, the only sound coming from my fan. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," he replies and I place my head back on to his chest again. He's so damn comfortable.

We just lay in silence together for a few minutes before Brad decides he's making me some pancakes for breakfast. He always babies me when I seem the slightest bit upset and yesterday was probably the first time he's seen me properly cry.

I try not to cry often, to take everything 'like a man' and with confidence. When we got home, it was nice to just embrace Brad and not have him question me.

"You know there's meant to be a meteor shower tonight?" Brad says once we're eating our pancakes together. I was so thankful that I had some chocolate syrup to use.

"Really?" I smile and he nods. "I've never seen one before."

"I haven't either," he says. "Apparently it's really good to do it on a date." I know what he's hinting at, but I pretend to be oblivious.

"Yeah?" I say and he nods. "That's nice, you should take someone with you. Isn't there a girl in our social studies that likes you?"

He rolls his eyes with a smile on his face. "She's in all of my classes, I can't get away from her. It's a good job she's hot."

"That's good! You should ask her then," I grin at him as he slides his empty plate away. "I'll just stay at home by myself and watch it."

"I'll go ring her then," Brad jokes, standing up off of his seat and grabbing his phone from the side. Within a few clicks, he's got his phone presses up against his ear.

My phone starts buzzing and Brad's calling me. I laugh, picking up the phone, "hello?"

"Hey," Brad says. It's delayed through my phone. "Was just wondering if you could join me on a date tonight to watch a meteor shower?"

I think for a moment, glancing over to him. "I think I can do that, sure. My place?"

"Sure," he says. "I'll see you later."

Brad ends the call and a laugh escapes my lips as he rejoins me, kissing my lips before taking my plate and putting the pots in the dishwasher.

"I'm gonna go home and sort some stuff out for a bit," Brad says once he's finished. "But I'll be back later, okay? We can do face masks and have hot chocolates and stargaze if you want."

"That's perfect." The thought was nice but just being with Brad is enough.

I place my hands on his cheeks and kiss his lips, his hands on my waist as our lips move together. I think we've scrapped the whole 'going slow' thing for now, just letting whatever happens, happen.