Part title

Hux woke with a start, his body aching in the most unpleasant way. Taking in his surrounding he knew instantly he was back on the Finalizer. He feels his confusion slowly fading away as the familiarity of home engulfs all his senses, even if in the Medbay where he didn't often end up. He rubs his head as the memories come rushing back to him all at once: bringing her onto his transport ship, her waking up and losing control as they entered the atmosphere, and her getting sick on his ship. He wonders momentarily how he ended up so sore and bruised in the medbay, but when he pushes himself a bit harder it hits him. How could he have been so foolish! He should have known the Empress would be force sensitive. He should have been prepared for such a thing! Hux mentally chastises himself for his error as he sits up straighter in his medical cot, assessing the damage on his body when he was brought from his thoughts by another person entering the room.

"Oh General, Sir, you're awake!" A rather cheerful voice sounds off at the door only causing Hux's headache to increase. He looks up and sees a young blond nurse with a large smile sitting in the doorway holding a chart in her hands. "I'll get the doctor." Her peppy nature may be welcome by others but not for Hux, it only annoyed as he rubs his aching head. He settled back down in his cot, since it seemed he was about to get medical attention he felt it was okay for him to relax for just a minute. He tried his hardest, but he had one burning question on his mind: Where was his Empress? He shut his eyes, trying to focus on the fact that she was okay, all he had to do was be patient and he would be reunited with her in no time.

"I was wondering when you would wake up." Hux is startled by the sound of his rival stepping into the room, his eyes fly open as he realizes he must have something to do with what had transpired right before Hux ended up in the medbay. "You should see your ship!" An evil smile spreads across Ren's lips and Hux is just barely able to suppress the need to slap him across the face. "Can I just say your special guest is amazing!" Ren says, his helmet concealing most of his emotions but, from the jovial tone of his voice, he sounds like a kid who had just been awarded a new plaything.

"Where is the Empress?" Hux sits up swinging his legs to the edge of the bed, ignoring his protesting body. His harsh scowl dared Ren to play with him, to see what kind of punishment would follow for keeping his future mate away from him like this. "What have you done with my Empress Ren?!"

"Relax Hux she's right over here," Ren gestures toward the room across the hall. "I had to put her in a Force sleep, the poor girl was very upset when I found her, weeping up a storm. Probably didn't help that your men were threatening to kill her when I arrived." Ren crossed his arms over his chest as he gloated over how he cared for Hux's woman. It made Hux sick, but technically what he was saying was true. The poor girl was likely terrified for her life if his soldiers were threatening to shoot her. He supposed he should remember to thank Ren, when Hux felt like he deserved it.

"You have to get your men under control Hux. What would have happened if I hadn't arrived? They would have killed your prize." The truth of Ren's words of warning wash over Hux, his lack of foresight could have cost him everything. Hux can stand it no longer, he must know that his Empress is at least alive as Ren said. Hobbling on pained, bruised legs Hux pushes past Ren into the hallway, past nurses and doctors going about their jobs, and into the room right across the hall from him. Sure enough, the girl is calmly sleeping on her back, dressed in the same clothes Hux had brought her home in. Hux lets out a sigh, closes his eyes and allows the relief to wash over his broken body. She was safe, in the room right next to him the entire time.

"I told you she's fine. If I didn't hurt her on Earth why would I do it now?" Hux cuts his eyes at him as a warning, just what was he insinuating with that statement? "I happen to admire her, though sadly she genuinely seemed concern that she hurt you with the budding of her Force abilities." Hux turns around to confront Ren, to demand he stay away from his woman but he is stopped by the voice of his doctor at her door. "General!" He shouted, grimacing as he finally got Hux's attention. "You should be in bed resting! We haven't been able to adequately assess you after your accident!" But he doesn't care for the doctor's words of protest. He looks down at his resting Empress, he had done it. He had successfully brought back the one person that could knock Ren off the throne.