Chapter Nineteen

(Vince's POV)

I stood in front of the mirror while I buttoned the last button of my shirt and then pulled on my suit jacket. I could see Juliet sitting up in the bed.

"Moglie, come over here." I said.

"Why?"

I smirked. "Because I said so."

She let out a huff but did as I said. She stood in front of me wearing nothing but one of my white dress shirts unbuttoned.

"What's wrong?" I asked cupping her face in my hand. She leaned into my touch and sighed.

"Nothing, Marito."

"You lie. You are worried about something."

She remained silent.

"You're worried about this meeting."

"If you know what is wrong then why ask?"

"Because your answers often amuse me." I said causing her smile a bit. "After all these years, you should know better than to be worried.

"I don't worry for you." She said and I grabbed my chest where my heart is.

"You wound me, Tesoro."

She smiled. "You know what I mean. I am worried about our boys."

"Why? They are big boys. They can handle themselves. I will be there."

"I've met the Irish before and they are trigger happy people who hold grudges over the smallest of things. Our son killed two of their assets."

"I think you forget that I am also trigger happy and hold grudges over small things."

"No, you hold grudges over everything and your finger practically lives on the trigger of your gun."

"The boys will be fine. The Irish won't do anything. We will all come back safely."

She pouted. She didn't want us going at all.

"Tesoro," I warned. "We will be fine. Stop pouting."

"If one of you comes back with a single drop of blood on you that doesn't belong to the Irish, then no sex for you for a week."

Before she could even blink I lifted her up, turned, and sat her on the dresser placing myself between her legs.

"Now, Bambina, why punish yourself that way." I asked pressing myself close to her. "Remember the last time you said that?"

She stayed silent and looked off to the side. She was trying to stay cool. I grabbed her jaw and forced her to look at me.

"I asked you a question and I expect an answer."

"Yes, I remember."

"And what happened?"

"Didn't last a day."

"Who didn't last a day?"

"Me." She mumbled right before I claimed her mouth with my own.

She grabbed handfuls of my suit jacket and pulled me closer. I ran my tongue along the seam of her lips but she refused to open.

My stubborn wife.

I reached between us and ran one hand up her thigh to her center. She was dripping wet. The second my hand made contact, she let out a moan. I took that moment to deepen our kiss and removed my hand.

She groaned at the loss.

"Please, Vince." She begged.

"Please, what?" I asked with a smirk.