Chapter Eight

(Val's POV)

I woke up to someone banging on the door. I got out of bed and made my way to the front door.

It was Uncle Stefano.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Your parents have been trying to get ahold of you."

"My phone is off and charging." I said as Enzo came out of his room. "What's wrong?"

"Carlo showed up at your parents apartment with two girls. An Audrey and Ruby."

"F*cking shit." I mumbled. "Give us a few minutes."

We quickly got dressed and grabbed our wallets, keys, and phones before following him out.

"What happened?"

"They showed up at Carlo's just as he was leaving to bring your mom stuff from the bakery. He tried calling you both but you didn't answer. He didn't know where else to take them."

We followed him to the apartment and rushed upstairs.

We walked in to find Carlo with our father.

"Where are they?" We asked at the same time.

"I want you to tell me about them first." Dad said crossing his arms.

We told him about how we met and all that we knew.

"This guy Andrew that you.....acquainted with your fist, I assume one of those girls had something to do with that."

It wasn't a question.

"Where are they?"

"Your mother is helping them get cleaned up. The redheaded one is in much better shape than the brunette."

My blood began to boil.

"McCall is also in there helping."

"McCall? You had to call Doc?"

"He.....was in the neighborhood." Dad said cocking his head to the side like he does sometimes. "They are in the back bedroom."

We practically took off in a run. We got to the bedroom just in time to find Doc leaving.

He gave us a soft smile. "They remind me of your mother a little bit. Strong and resilient. I'm sure they will be just fine."

"They're okay?"

"Physically? They will be. Mentally? Time will tell. They've been through some tough stuff."

"Thanks."

He nodded. "You have my number."

I knocked once and waited.

Mom opened the door.

"They've been asking for you," She said looking at both of us before looking at me. "Especially Audrey."

"Thanks mom." Enzo said.

"Of course. We will be in the kitchen if you need us."

She walked down the hall and we walked inside.

The sight in front of us had me on fire. It was then that we fully understood the stories of our dad and his anger when all those things happened to mom. We understood because in that moment, we were filled with the same rage.

Ruby's hair was a mess, her makeup was smudged to pieces, and she had a small cut on her cheek.

Audrey was different story. Her hair was a mess and makeup smudged. She had a good sized cut on her cheek and a bruised jaw. She also had a light bruise on her neck. And I could also see small cuts on her arm. She had her glasses on but they were taped in the middle and they weren't like that when we dropped them off.

My hands balled in fists at my side.

I turned to walk out and go after the one responsible but her voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Don't. Please." She said and I broke.

I felt it deep within my soul. I felt what dad had talked about. In that moment I felt myself because totally and utterly hers. She was my Queen.

F*ck those who would say it was too soon. They didn't have a f*cking clue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Audrey's POV)

"Ruby, why don't you and I go ask our mom for a change of clothes for you both." Enzo said.

"Okay." Ruby nodded. She got up and followed Enzo out while Val remained in the same spot.

His back was facing me but I knew he could still feel where I was at. I knew he felt it when I got off the bed and walked up to him.

"Give me one good reason. One good reason not to go over there and beat them to death." He growled through his teeth.

"Because I want you to stay. Please."

His parents turned out to be really nice. Their mother did anyway. Their father didn't speak much. He seemed more like the silent and deadly type. Val had the feel about him and now I knew where he got it.

"Answer one thing." He said.

"Okay."

"Was it because you two went out with us?"

"Yes."

"It was Andrew."

That one wasn't a question.

"I'm going to skin him alive." He growled.

"Tomorrow. Stay here please."

I saw him visibly shaking. I'd heard from those who were at the party talk about what Enzo has said about him. About his I.E.D.

I knew that was a large part of his anger now. After I'd heard about that, I did some online research and I also searched for it in book at the library.

He needed to calm down and he needed to calm down fast before he really exploded.

I walked around so that I was facing him. The vein his neck and arms were popping out. He was pissed.

I didn't think twice.

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him.