~4~

We swept some of the nearby buildings around the area around where Merle was last known. The longer we searched the more anxious we all became out in the open. The biters were crawling all over the place and the more we wondered the streets the more were beginning to notice us. Daryl was still determined though, claiming his brother was tough as nails and if anybody could survive this it was him. As optimistic as he was, the rest of us exchanged some not so assuring glances. On the hand, I was starting to grow tired of all the aimless walking around. 

"We should go for the guns," Rick finally suggested. This comment angered Darly as he whipped around to face us all dead in our tracks.

"So we're just giving up on Merle that easy?" Daryl hissed.

"Nobody's saying that," Rick assured him, holding his hand out. A growling noise cut their conversation off as our attention turned to a biter limping down the sidewalk towards us. I lifted my bow up, the bolt sinking into its skull as it fell backwards dead. After ripping my arrow out and reloading it into my bow, we all decided we'd feel a lot safer having some guns on us. 

We doubled back towards the road where Rick lost the gun bag, finding a safe place indoors to come up with a plan. Glenn began using random things around the little office room we were in and using them as reference for where he'd want us. Due to there still being a good number of biters in the streets, he volunteered himself to make a run for the bag. Darly and I would go with Glenn down into the alley just across the street, we'd clear him a way out as quietly as possible, watching over him from a distance. Once he grabbed the bag, if it was safe, he'd run right back to us. If the way back got flooded with the dead, he'd carry onto the next alley where the others would be waiting just in case. 

"What'd you do before all this?" Rick asked Glen with a raised eyebrow. 

"Deliver pizzas, why?" he innocently looked up at us confusingly. 

We all geared up and started getting into position. Daryl and I followed Glenn to the back exit door. Once we got out into the alleyway, two of what I heard the others call 'walkers' turned and locked onto us. Darly shot the first one, stepping off to the side to let me take down the second one. We moved quick to retrieve our arrows and push up to the gate blocking off the street. Glenn peeked his head out, scanning over the several dead loosely walking about. The duffel bag full of gun was still laying in plain sight in the middle of the street. Glenn gave us a nod that he was ready before bolting out, dodging the biters left and right.

"Where'd you learn to shoot?" Daryl asked bluntly, not taking his eyes off Glenn. My eyebrows scrunched up as I quickly gave him a confusing glance before looking back at Glenn who was nearly at the bag now.

"Can you just focus?" I ignored his question.  We watched Glenn closely as he scooped up the duffel, making the choice to turn and come back towards us. The sound of loud footsteps came to a screeching stop just behind Daryl and I as we both simultaneously turned and pointed our bows at a young kid. He looked like a deer trapped in headlights as he terrifyingly through his hands us in the air.

"Whoa! Please don't shoot me," the kid begged frantically. We moved in closer, leaving the kid with Daryl as I checked the corner the kid appeared from finding it clear.

"I'm looking for my brother, he's hurt real bad. You seen him?" Daryl asked him, shoving his bow closer to his face. The kid started screaming for help, calling somebody named Ayudame over and over again.

"Shut him up! He's gonna draw in the dead," I hissed, moving back towards the fence. Daryl pinned the kid up against a wall, threatening for him to answer if he's seen Merle or not. "Daryl!?" I hissed again. Was he seriously going to let this kid bring every biter in earshot down on us? With the kid still shouting, Daryl finally gave in, knocking him out cold and letting him collapse onto the floor. 

As soon as the kid hit the ground, two more random men turned the corner behind us, eyes looking at their friend then back up to us. Shit... Glenn rounded the corner, a massive smile written on his face as he showed off the large heavy bag loaded with weapons. His smile immediate dropped as he spotted the situation unfolding in front of him. 

"That's our bag of guns, get it!" 

The guys started attacking us, Darly now wrestling on the ground with the bigger of the two. The second ran right past me, his sights set on Glenn who was clutching the duffel bag as he tried to pry it from his arms. I aimed my bow at the guy's leg, hesitating a second to be sure I didn't hit Glenn by accident. When I pulled the trigger, the arrow landed right in the side of the man's ass. Wasting no time, I dropped my bow and ran towards them. While the injured man was screaming in pain I jumped on his back and placed him in a choke hold, pulling him backwards off of Glenn.

 He pulled down on my wrists desperately, slamming me back against a wall in efforts to throw me off. I held on as tightly as I could with my ankles locked around his waist. From the corner of my eye, I could see Daryl struggling to fend off the guy he'd been tussling with. On the other hand, Glenn was nowhere to be found. I turned my attention for a split moment, frantically searching for where the kid went with the bag of guns when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my right thigh. I let out a loud yelp, my leg feeling as if it was on fire as the man slammed me up against the wall for a final time. I landed hard against the ground getting the wind knocked out of me, the big guy Daryl was fighting nearly tripping over me as he ran past.

"Vato, come on!" a stranger's voice called out. I turned in the direction of the voice, seeing a car pulled up outside the gate. Glenn was being shoved into the backseat as he shouted to Daryl for help. Daryl ran towards them as the driver hit the gas and took off with a loud squeal. The dead started pushing towards the chain link fence, forcing Daryl to slam it shut and let Glenns captors get away.

Finally able to catch my breath I sat myself up against the wall. My eyes locked down on a small pocketknife sticking out of my thigh. The fabric of my jeans starting to stain red with blood around the wound. My breath heaved heavy in my chest as I continued to look at. The back door from which we came into the alley flew open, more guys bursting out. I quickly drew one of my knives, winding my arm back and ready to throw it as hard as I could until Rick and T-tog turned to look down at me. Somewhat relieved to see them, I groaned as my adrenaline started to fade away and the burning sensation in my thigh came back in full force.

"Shit! what do we do?" T-dog was panicking.

"Pull it out dammit!" I screamed in pain, clutching my leg.

"You could bleed out," Rick calmly said. 

"I don't care! Get it out!" I hissed. Darly came and knelt down beside me as I grit my teeth together. He gave it a painfully long stare before locking eyes with me.

"It's not that deep," he told me. "3..." he started counting down. I took a deep and shaky breath, bracing myself. "2-" He swiftly pulled the knife up, skipping the last half of the countdown as I fought to let out a painful scream which turned into a slur of curse words. 

"What happened to 1!?" I growled through my teeth as Daryl tightly wrapped a bandana around my thigh and tying it off. Looking at the bloody knife laying on the ground, the blade was fairly small and unlikely used to kill any of the dead.

"You're damn welcome," he grumbled at me. More walkers had gathered around the fence, pushing against it with all their body weight. Rick ushered us to hurry it up, eyes glued on the fence nervously. Daryl stood up and I held my hand up, expecting him to just pull me to my feet. Yet, to my surprise he scooped me up and carried me back inside the building. When I looked over his shoulder, I noticed Rick and T-dog carrying in the kid that had been screaming for his friends earlier before Daryl knocked him out. If I wasn't regretting my choice to come on this mission already, I was definitely regretting it now...

~~~Don't be a silent reader!~~~

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE <3

Edited