16: Not Christine Canigula

Be more chill anybody? ^^

you know, CHRISTIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

HA LAST TIME:

The drama kids find out about the LPATP that they all want to participate in.

LOL THIS TIME:

Another practice for the musical, and the cast, crew, and ensemble start to pick up on Connor, Rachel, Piper, Jason's crushes.

ALSO! The play they are doing isn't illegal heathers xD there's a high school version. Here's the script I'm using:

Quick story time: this is based off of something that happened at rehearsal for our school play once. The girl left (we'll call her Kristy), and my friend started singing to the guy who obviously liked her. "Kristy, Kristy, Kristy, Kristy Canigula!" And since most of us are Broadway nerds, we joined in and we harmonized and it was just awesome.

They're dating now. Showmances are adorable in my opinion <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Connor's POV)

Piper was preforming Fight For Me.  And if you know anything about Heathers, you probably know that this scene is a pain to preform. I'm lying on the ground, pretending to be in pain from Jason's fake punch.

My head was ringing with Piper's voice. It was louder than usual, at least, in my head. It sounded like double the loudness.

Piper was about to say "and hey, could you hold my hand?"  when she fell. "CUT!" Mr. Apollo yelled. "Drew, stop tripping Piper!"

I know now that Drew is doing that as a sister and not as a bully. But if I saw this before I knew, I would be so  mad at Drew. Mr. Apollo seemed done. "I'm taking ten." It kinda sounded like he said "...to eat a few hot pockets," after. But he was most likely joking, Mr. Apollo said that kinda stuff a lot.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Piper rolled her eyes and dashed off. Jason stared staring at her as she ran off, totally  unnoticeably.

It started from one side of the stage by the Heathers. It was probably Rachel, now that I think about it. But very quietly, a voice started to sing. "McLean..."

Jason whipped his head around to the voice, but he couldn't seem to find it. The Heathers caught on, and so did Will. "McLean..."

I finally recognized what they were singing. It was that song from Be More Chill : More Than Survive, I think. One time, I was hanging out with Piper and Rachel and they were playing it. Something about Christine Canigula. I was pretty sure I remembered it, so I joined in quickly.

"McLean...

McLean Canigula!"

The rest of the cast and ensemble caught on. Jason was beet red and as we sang, I found it funny how we all casually harmonized (I speak as a theatre kid with experience, this happens. Also, you should look up this song and skip to 5:15).

"McLean...

McLean...

McLean...

McLean Canigula!

McLean Canigula!"

"Shut up," Jason laughed as we finished.

"You should ask her out!" a girl in ensemble yelled.