𝐨𝐧𝐞

BEING REWRITTEN.
THE NEW VERSION IS POSTED ON MY ACCOUNT.

•♛────── •⚘☸︎⚘• ──────♛•

"You're too slow, Emma!" Delilah yells as her horse, Ember, speeds past Emma's, her sister giving her a hard glare. The glare didn't last long as the eldest laughs, watching as her younger sister rides off ahead of her. Delilah looks forward again and smiles when she sees her parents walking out of the castle, letting the two girls know it was almost time to get ready for the ball. Delilah slows her horse down and stops in front of her parents, hearing Emma do the same a few seconds later. "Is it really almost time already? I feel like we just got out here."

"You two have been out here all morning," Delilah's dad points out, laughing at his daughter's face as she groans. "Tomorrow you can come right back out and ride Ember again."

"Is this your way of saying you don't want to celebrate my birthday?" Emma teases from behind Delilah, causing the girl to turn toward her frantically.

"That's not it! Emma, I love you and of course I want to celebrate your birthday-"

"Del, I was kidding," Emma laughs, jumping off her own horse now earning her own glare from Delilah as she gets off of hers. She pets Ember before handing the reign to one of the workers in the castle, thanking them before he walks off with the horses.

Charming takes hold of his wife's hand as the family heads back into the house, soon splitting off as the girl go to get ready for the ball that's in a few hours, one Delilah was not particular excited for. She loves her sister and wants to celebrate her birthday, but she despises the balls they hold for every tiny thing that happens in their life. Emma learned how to use a sword, they threw a ball; Delilah learned how to ride a horse, another ball. It all gets tiring when ball's are held almost every other day.

But, in the life of a princess, Delilah was forced to keep her opinions to herself and act as if being squeezed into dresses didn't kill her a little inside each time. She'll be forced to wear heels that make her inches taller and make her wear jewelry that feels heavier than the crown she has to wear on her head. Most people only dream of living in a castle and getting the treatment Delilah gets, but Delilah dreams to be like the common person. To have adventures and explore the world on her own, not have guards around her at all times.

"Mother, do I have to wear this dress?" Delilah ask, twirling in the mirror and frowning at her reflection

"Mother, do I have to wear this dress?" Delilah ask, twirling in the mirror and frowning at her reflection. The dress was heavy, having layers of ruffles that started at her hip, and she knew she would never be able to put on her shoes. Not to mention she could hardly breathe in the corset underneath it all.