Chapter One- Five Hours Till The Purge Begins *EDITED*

[Alexys Rivera-First Person]

I was on my way out with my fiancé, Leo to a dinner. I was so nervous, seeing that this was the night I detested most. The night of death. Three hours till this whole city had to go on lock down. I had to get home so I could lock up.

I twirled some of my light, curly blonde hair around my finger, my emerald eyes staring ahead. I had a knife and gun in my bag, along with a first aid kit just in case something happened. I always brought them on this night, just in case we didn't make it home in time.

As I look at my fiancé in the drivers seat, I see the nervousness in his eyes. He was trying to convince me that nothing bad was going to happen, but I could tell he was scared too.

I look at the gas tank, only a little left, but enough to get us to the restaurant and back. Hopefully.

"How long are we going out for, Leo?" I ask him, for the second time today. I had asked the same question for seven times now, in the span of this week, "We need to be back home. I need to lock up with Riley and you need to lockup too."

You see, Leo and I didn't live together yet. I still lived by with my best friend. I would be moving out in several months, since that was when Leo and I would be married. I knew I couldn't leave her just yet.

But right now, I needed to focus on both me and the man right next to me. I just had to make it home. Before five hours were up.

A/N: Chapter One is up and edited!

Dedication- SatansPringles

Song- While My Guitar Gently Weeps- George Harrison/The Beatles

Comment "3/5hours" if you've read down to here!

-the_infinite_author

Edited 7/1/16 (original time was three hours, has been changed to five for this chapter to flow with the next chapter)