Chapter Fifty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Fine then. . . " she mumbled, walking out of the room. Hallelujah.

"My main man," a loud booming voice yelled from behind me. Dr. Brian walked through the door, grabbing onto Brooke's bed and starting to move it out of the room. I followed behind, passing my Justin's crouched body as we walked out of the room. He quickly stood up, dusting off his (probably extremely expensive) pants. I took a small, unnoticable step back, just to keep a safe distance.

You can't blame me, he's a criminal.

"We're going to do an x-ray of the brain, just to make sure the amnesia wasn't caused by any damage." I explained to him, Dr. Brian still wheeling her down the hallway. "You can stay here, or get something to eat. This may take a while."

"I don't want to leave her." He shook his head, running a hand through his hair. He looked incredibly tired, but I knew I wouldn't be able to convince him to leave.

"Okay, you can wait here for her to return from the x-ray. She'll be awake when we come back." I give him a smile before quickly following after Dr. Brian.

He placed her under the x-ray, lying the heavy blanket over the rest of her body. I sat in front of the computer, angling the machine so it was in perfect allignment with her head. Dr. Brian gave me a thumbs-up so we both exited the room, since you can't be in the same room when an x-ray is being taken.

I pressed the button from outside, watching the bright lights flash as it took pictures. Brooke's body remained still, as her body stayed peaceful throughout the silent treatment.

"Poor girl, she might have to learn her whole life over again." Dr. Brian shook his head, a frown on his face. "I always feel horrible when damage is done to the brain, because there's literally nothing we can do about it."

"I highly advise you not to say anything like that around her boyfriend." I chuckled, "he'll go balistic."

"Yeah I noticed, he sure is a hot head."

I nodded in agreement, "But he definetely is careful with her."

The x-ray finished, and I entered the room to remove the heavy blanket. I hung it up onto the wall, and Brooke's eyes fluttered open.

"We just did a small x-ray, just to make sure there was no brain damage." She stood up from the bed, moving her hair to one shoulder.

"Where's Justin?" Were the first words to leave her mouth.

I smiled, leading her out of the tiny room, "Down the hall, do you want to see him?"

She nodded multiple times, her ocean eyes looking around the hospital frantically.

"I'll take Brooke back to the room and then we'll take a look at the photos." I told Dr. Brian . He nodded in approval, so Brooke and I started walking down the long hallway.

"I have high hopes that your memory will return." I said softly.

Brooke turned to me, hope in her eyes. "Do you really think so?"

My head bowed in a nod. Brooke smiled at me, hugging her hands into her chest. "I really want it back."

She walked slowly behind me in a daze, following my lead back to Justin, her one source of security.

Justin and his friend - that I have yet to learn the name of - sat with their backs against the wall. His friend was falling in and out of conciousness while Justin sat wide awake, his dark gloomy eyes staring straight ahead.

"Brooke, you can rest on the bed in the room. Justin, take care of her." I didn't wait for a reply as I turned my back to them and headed back to look at Brooke's results.