Chapter Forty-Seven

Songs for this chapter are:

Love Too Much - Hunter Hayes

Am I Wrong - Nico & Vinz

Don't Stop - 5 Seconds of Summer

-----------------------------------------

Daniel's POV

"She went home already?" I sighed, rubbing my hand over the light stubble on my face.

"Yeah, I don't know man, they're attached." Dave replied through the speaker.

I groaned, "Why does he always get everything?"

"Daniel, I know you care about Brooke but I think you should let her be. She's happy, you'll find another claim." Dave advised me. Of course I want Brooke to be happy, but I want her to be happy with me.

"I gotta go," I whispered. I pressed the end call button, flopping against my couch.

Why does Brooke always have to go crawling back to Justin, after all he's done to her. It's just not fair. I want a chance with her, I want to see how it would feel to be with her.

I've never had a claim before. A long while ago - if you can remember - I found a girl who I thought would be my claim. However, she brought out the dark side of me. I felt the need to kill and to ruin people's lives when I was with her. I didn't want that. I wanted a woman who I could come home to who would love and care for me, and be my angel.

Brooke already was an angel.

But she was Justin's angel.

She had already made a huge impact on his life. He's calmer, doesn't fret too much about the gang life, and he doesn't go out and party and get drunk every night anymore.

Then again, Justin had always wanted a claim. He'd tell me his fantasies about having one, but his fantasies were nothing like real life. He would tell me stories were the girl would come home with him - willingly - and she would love him right away. He would take her out on dates and they'd be the couple everyone envied.

Only one of those things happened.

I envy them, a hell of a lot. I wanted to be the one making Brooke smile. I wanted to be the one to hold her close at night and whisper sweet nothings into her ear.

But like always, Justin has to be the boss. He won the prize that I wanted.

I wanted Brooke. But she wanted Justin.

I stood up from the couch, and threw on a dark leather jacket. I walked out the door, shutting and locking it, before stepping into my car. I drove down the familiar road and stopped right in front of the local bar. I sighed, walking through the large double doors.

I took a seat at the bar, ordering a whiskey. This is what I needed. I needed to relax and drink some alcohol, and maybe even talk to some girls. I immediately took a sip of my drink when it was handed to be, letting the bitter drink burn down my throat.

"Damn," I whimpered to myself. This was an extremely strong drink.

"A little too strong for you, pretty boy?" A bartender teased. I laughed lightly, shaking my head.

"I just wasn't expecting it." I said, taking another sip. The bartender chuckled and turned away, going to wait on another customer. I leaned my elbows onto the bar, slugging my shoulders.

"Um, excuse me, is this seat taken?" A quiet, small voice sounded from behind me. I slowly turned my head, seeing a cute brunette awkwardly shifting on her two Vans covered feet.