Chapter Fourteen

Songs for this chapter are:

Change- Taylor Swift

Somebody That I Used To Know- Gotye

Hey Brother- Avicii
---------------------------------------------

Brooke's POV

Justin and I descended down the stairs that lead to the bathroom and back over to where Jessica and Blake sat. Blake took one look at out entwined hands and sent me a glare.

"Hey, Brooke can I talk to you for a second?" Blake put on a fake smile and looked up at Justin for permission. Justin shrugged carelessly but he looked at me in confusion after I shot him a hard look of distress.

"No- no that's not necessary. Justin and I were gonna dance so, uh, bye." I tried grabbing Justin's hand but he tugged me back. He shot me a look saying 'what was in that martini you drank?' I sent him a pleading look with my eyes but he didn't catch on.

"I can wait." He shot me a smile. I wished right at that moment I could have tackled him to the floor and beat him to a pulp. I hesitantly walked over to Blake and followed him through the crowd.

Before I got out of Justin's view I turned around and mouthed 'help me.' His eyes widened and he started to run over to me, but he got sucked away by the crowd.

I stumbled a few times because of my nerves but quickly straitened myself out. If I've learned anything from Justin, it's that he can smell fear, and I'm pretty sure Blake can too.

"Alright Brooke, let me tell you a little something." Blake started the minute we stepped outside of the bar.

I narrowed my eyes at him and straightened my posture. I had to look intimidating- or as intimidating as I can look.

"Justin is the leader of our gang. We can't afford him turning into a sap for you. You are a toy Brooke. Nothing more nothing less." He growled and suddenly I felt angry. Justin didn't think like that.

"Unlike you, Justin can actually be a nice person." I yelled. Blake's eyes flared with anger and I kinda regretted raising my voice now.

"Listen here, you little bitch." He spat, grabbing my neck in his big hands. I coughed and spluttered, desperately grabbing his wrists in my hands.

"Get your hands off of her!"

Blake immediately dropped me and I fell to the floor. I coughed until I finally got enough air into my lungs. When I finally lifted my head from the floor, I saw Justin slamming Blake into the wall.

Now, you'd think I'd run and be that typical girlfriend yelling 'stop! Stop!' Well no, Blake deserved every ounce of pain Justin is inflicting on him right now. And by the looks of Blake's distressed face, it was a lot.

Justin finally dropped Blake from his grasp and he lay on the concrete, puking up blood. I crinkled my nose in disgust. Justin walked over to me and picked me up in his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso.

"Are you okay, baby girl? I'm so sorry I should've known he was doing something stupid." Justin whispered, burying his nose in my neck.

My heart fluttered and I found myself slicking my fingers back into his hair. "I'm fine."

He looked into my eyes and smiled, kissing me lightly on the lips. I pressed mine into a firm line, still not wanting him to get any ideas. Justin wasn't as hurt by it, he knew I was a little scared at the moment and he still didn't own my trust.

"Where's Jess?" I asked as he set me back down on the floor.

"She's in Blake's car. Whenever he's ready to get up they'll just go home together." I told me, an emotionless expression on his face.