Chapter Fifty-Three

Songs for this chapter are:

Love Me Again - John Newman

Love Will Remember - Selena Gomez

Strong - One Direction

--------------------------------------

Brooke's POV

My eyes drifted around the hospital room, utter confusion intriguing my brain. I stared at the doctor in front of me for a long time, probably creeping him out immensely.

"So, Brooke, do you remember what happened to you today?" The doctor spoke up, causing my eyes to widen.

"The last thing I can fully remember was being picked up and taken outside by that boy." I pointed to the door, indicating that he was outside. Everything before that was a blur, but oddly enough, I know my name, and a few other names. Kiera. . . I don't know who she is but I know the name. Whenever I try to think deeper about these people my head starts to pound and sharp pains shoot up my neck.

"Okay, very good." He nodded his head, jotting things down on his clipboard. "What is your first and last name?"

"Brooke Santilli."

He frowned, looking up. "That's innorrect."

Now it was my turn to frown, "Brooke Santilli is my name, I know it for sure."

"Your name is Brooke McCann, and your husband is Jason McCann." The doctor squinted at me. "I have no idea where this 'Santilli' is coming from."

"No, his name is Justin and he told me he was my boyfriend." My head was hurting, I didn't understand anything. I wanted to curl up and cry instead of having to go through all of this.

I didn't even know what my parents' names were, let alone anything about my childhood. Why did I lose my memory? Why weren't my parents at the hospital, being worried for their daughter who was struck with amnesia? Who was the boy who came in with Justin?

The doctor stood up from his chair, quickly opening the door. He held it open and Justin walked through the door. His eyes softened when they landed on me, as he took a seat next to the bed.

"How are you doing, babe?" He asked sympathetically.

"My head hurts, I don't understand anything." I sniffled, wiping under my eyes to prevent him seeing any fallen tears. For some reason, I wanted to almost. . . impress him?

"Mr. McCann, I asked Brooke what her full name was, and she came up with 'Brooke Santilli.' Have you any idea where this came from?" He raised his eyebrows in questioning.

"Um, you see- "

"I'm not stupid, son. I know this is Brooke Santilli, she's been all over the news for a missing person. The real question is, who are you, and why do you have Brooke." The doctor stood up, standing in front of my bed, putting space between Justin and I.

Justin looked down at the floor, a smirk on his face. "You wouldn't want to know who I am, doctor Piekarski."

"I'm giving you five minutes to explain yourself before I call security." Doctor Piekarski threatened.

Justin's eyes went darker, and he walked towards to the door, turning the lock. He placed his hand on his hip, pulling a shiny black gun from his waistband.

"Sir please-"

"I'm Justin Bieber. I'm a criminal, and a God damned good one. I've never been caught once, in fact, the police don't even know what the fuck I look like. I have Brooke because she's the love of my life. That's right, she turned my cold heart warm as fuck. Now, if you call security, I'll be forced to kill every single one of you, and if you think they can beat me, you're highly mistaken." Justin twirled the small yet powerful machine on his index finger. "All I ask from you is that you try to fix Brooke. I'll give you whatever you want, money, eternal safety, drugs, whatever."