“What are you up to?” I dumbly asked and she looked at her computer and then me.

“you know… Looking for art trends, trying to find some good paintings to put up in the gallery.. The usual” she said shrugging as the sipped a little from her tea.

“the usual?” I asked, completely confused. I thought she was an art teacher. She looked so beautiful Talking about her business and stuff.

Again, in a totally platonic way.

“well, I sell art, I have to buy new one to replace the one I sold, right?” she giggled and I frowned shaking my head

“do you… own an art gallery?” I asked surprised and she nodded softly, I smiled

“I'm happy for you, I always knew you'd be up for something big” i held her hand above the table and I swear I saw the sparks going off. Both of us pulled away immediately,

why the fuck did I do that?

“sorry” I muttered  actually sorry because that's not at all what I should be doing with any other girl other Than my fiancé.

“ you… didn't know I had the gallery? Really?” she asked surprised and I chuckled softly shaking my head

“well, you haven't really given me a chance to talk to you at all” I simply answered. Not mad at all. Maaaybe a little disappointed  but I guess she is just doing it out of respect for Tara.

“yeah… right… I'm sorry” she said biting her lip and looking down and I had almost forgotten how cute she looked when she did that.

IN A TOTALLY PLATONIC WAY

“soo.. I thought I'd just get you cornered up and you'd have to talk and here I am” I said playfully and she laughed a little shaking her head.

“o.. Okay” she said hesitantly and then sighed “what do you want to talk about Noah?” she asked, trying to get rid off me Quickly I suppose.

“When did you get your memories back?” I asked immediately trying to get the question that had been haunting me for so long.

“umm” she looked down again like out of all Of the questions this one was the one she didn't want to answer.

“Valerie…” I said and she sighed looking up at me

“6 months after you left to Harvard…” my mouth flung open and I looked at her in disbelief, I really thought she had gotten them back awhile ago, not 3 fucking years ago

“why didn't you tell me?” I replied instantly and she sighed again

“I called you… you were.. Um.. Busy” she stuttered and I frowned, my eyes were wide open when I remember the morning she called me.

I was hungover, after a one night stand with some girl I don't remember her name anymore. When Valerie called I thought she was just checking up on me and I hung up because the other girl wanted another round.

“i never called you back…” i said when the realization hit me and smacked my hand in my forehead.

“I didn't give up anyways… I was planning to get transfered to Boston University… since being apart was the hardest for you… “ she continued, I started daydreaming about how amazing I would've been to have her in my same city, have her those last 2 years I spent in Harvard.

“and…?” I asked urgently trying to get the full story. If she was planning to do all that, why the fuck am I marrying someone else right now?

“I went to Harvard to tell you all about my memories back and getting transfered, but you were with other girl, and… you talked about them with Chad like those girls were worthless.. “ she rested her head on her hands and started rubbing her temples frustrated

“you went to Harvard?” I asked shocked and she nodded slowly, I couldn't believe it. She saw me in my worst. When I was sleeping around, trying to be with as many girls as possible to forget about her, which didn't work. AT ALL

“you were not my Noah… And I thought it was best to just let you be… It seemed like you were having the time of your life” she confessed and I groaned frustrated thinking About how it could have been.

“I'm sorry” I only muttered and she sighed shaking her head

“no.. I'm sorry, I should've told you anyways, at least text you about it” she sighed and gave me a soft smile. “anyways, it's all in the past… You got the life I always wanted for you, at least it was worth it” she smiled at me and I sighed.

Yeah right. The life you always wanted for me… just without you on it.

Stop. Noah. Stop.

You cannot think about her like that anymore. She's your friend now.

“Anyways… I have to head back to the gallery” she said standing up and I only nodded, sitting down , still shocked with everything she said.

“it was nice to get it out of my chest” she almost whispered and I looked up, our eyes met, and I couldn't look away. She couldn't either.

“I'm sorry I ruined our last chance back then… By Becoming everything you hated” I managed to say and she sighed, placing a hand softly on my shoulder.

“it's not your fault. And it's okay. We'll be friends now.” she offered me a soft smile and i returned it feeling a little sad “at least I get to have you back in my life somehow” she said and I nodded at her words. I guess she was right.

Maybe it didn't matter that I still love her. We were going to be friends. Friends love each other too. At least I'd knew what she'd be up to  and I'd knew she's okay. I had missed her so much these 3 years that I will have to settle With just being friends.

Wait… Did I just said I love her? No I don't. I can't. I won't.