Trapped In The Closet

Start from the beginning

"No."

"What about China? Is it as beautiful as I imagine? I bet-"

"Look I didn't come here for the small talk Taylour," He interjected. Taylour looked at him with raised brows. She took offense to his demeanor.

"Well, what did you come here for?"

"To thank you." He leaned back in his chair.

"To thank me for what?" She asked.

"For showing me your true colors and helping me put a stop to making an even bigger mistake than the one I already made, which was falling for you."

"Excuse me?"

"Well see I had put you on this pedestal even after you told me everything. I thought she's so amazing and I can't remember the last time I felt this alive and fulfilled. Then the smoke cleared and I was able to see that you are nothing more than an arrogant, manipulative, inconsiderate, and passive aggressive, BI-. Wait since I can't call you out of your name I'll just say, unstable creature."

"HOLD ON JUST ONE DAMN MINUTE. WHO do you think you're talking to Detrick?" Taylour quickly rose out of her chair. She had to catch herself and remember she is pregnant. Detrick remained calm.

"I'm talking to you, about you or are you too dumb to understand?" Taylour breathed deeply numerous times before speaking. The baby kicked almost as if to say "don't do it mama. Don't do it."

"Detrick you have been gone for months and I haven't heard from you since you left for Scotland. Now you come in here and disrespect me as if I've done something to you. I don't know what happened to you on your trip but I'm not the one so I suggest you check yourself before I do it for you." She sat back down in her chair and rubbed her stomach to soothe herself. Detrick stood out of the chair and began to pace slowly back and forth. He was calm but obviously livid and more than anything, hurt.

"My grandmother almost died Taylour she was in a deep coma because of her diabetes."

"I'm so sorry to hear that but what does that have to do with me and you going off on me."

"Being alone used to be something that I learned to adjust to and become content with, that's until I met you. You showed me I wasn't alright and I was missing something important in my life. Those feelings become more evident when things are spiraling out of your control and you have nobody to just tell you it's going to be okay. You had become that for me Taylour and that night that I texted you I just needed you to be what you were for me. What you had become, my anchor and hold me down, say that everything was going to be okay. Even if you didn't know what to say and just prayed for me, that would have been fine but instead, you cursed me out and just made me feel like a fool."

"Wait a minute, Detrick, what are you talking about?" Taylour asked seemingly confused.

"Taylour don't act like you forgot what you said."

"I'm not acting Detrick I really don't know what you're talking about."

"Please don't insult my intelligence!"

"I'm not insulting anything and if I do recall you're the one who came in here insulting me calling me everything but a child of God. So get to the point and explain to me what the hell you're talking about." She was becoming impatient with him since she was beyond irritated.

"Taylour when I flew to New Orleans and had a layover in Atlanta. I asked you to come and meet me because I needed a friend and instead you replied calling me inconsiderate among other things. You said that you were a married woman and whatever we had or I thought we had was over and that I need to get my own family instead of chasing behind a married woman who would never want anything real with me. You said my problems weren't your concern and that I was never nor will I ever truly be your friend. You ended by telling me to get a life because you had one where I wasn't welcomed." Taylour stood there with her mouth completely open. Taylour would have never said such things to him or anyone for that matter. Well then again maybe if she was hurt by that person but not to Detrick. He had to have her confused with someone else.

"Detrick I never ever said those things. I would never say that to you, Detrick, I care about you."

"Yeah right spare me with the innocent act!!"

"Detrick this is not an act I swear I never said those things you have to believe me."

"If YOU DIDN'T THEN WHO DID?" Taylour became quiet. And only one person came to her mind.

"Exactly," Detrick said as if her silence confirmed his accusations.

"Detrick what time did this take place?" Taylour asked calmly.

"Oh, COME ON TAYLOUR THE JIG IS UP OKAY."

"DETRICK PLEASE JUST...please just answer the question.

"It was in the middle of the night some time back on a Sunday. "Suddenly only one person came to her mind. Sean.

"Detrick I can assure you I never sent you those messages."

"Yet it came from your cell phone. I wanted to believe you, that maybe something was wrong with you Taylour I really did. I even wanted to give you a chance to explain, thinking maybe I did something wrong. I emailed you and when you never replied, I knew that you meant what you said."

"Detrick-"

"It doesn't matter Taylour what's done is done. By the grace of God my grandmother made it through and I went back home knowing that you would one day get what's coming to you. I never wanted to believe that when I needed you most, you would turn out to be heartless." Detrick reached for his coat. "Don't worry Taylour you don't have to explain anything to me because I know that every dog has its day...." He headed for the door and turned to look at a speechless Taylour. "...Thanks again, oh and good luck on the baby." Taylour stood remaining silent watching Detrick turn to walk out of the door without looking back. Taylour plopped in her chair and was rushed with emotions. Why do people think they can keep talking to me like this? What did Sean do? The look on Detrick's face was one she said she never wanted to see again and now for something she had no control over had caused him to hurt and it was not at the hands of her but, of her husband. She tried to calm herself and think of a way to address this with Sean without sending herself into early labor. Remain calm because skeletons were definitely coming out of the closet.