Isaac Lahey #4

Mavis's POV:

As I slid into the drivers seat of my car and Isaac into the passenger seat, an idea formed in my head. I was going to get him to ask me out by doing what I do best; flirting and teasing him. I started my car and easily pulled out of the parking lot of the school onto the main road, my hand resting atop Isaac's that sat in his lap. "So, ready for a grueling training session from Derek?" I questioned, looking at him momentarily, before focusing back on the road. He leaned his head back on the seat as he groaned. "No, not really. I don't even know why he still trains us so hard. There's no current threats in Beacon Hills."

I moved my hand from his and placed it gently on his thigh, his heartbeat picking up considerably when I did so. I looked over to him and smirked and he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "We don't have to go to Derek's." I moved my hand up and down his leg lightly and I could tell he was already nervous. Wouldn't be much longer before he caved. He swallowed hard before replying. "Where could we go?" My hand stilled on his leg as I pretended to think. "I don't know. You pick." My fingers started tracing random patterns on Isaac's leg as I continued to drive down the road. We drove for another 15 minutes in silence before he broke it. "We're not going to Derek's, are we?" I smiled his way. "Nope. At least, not yet." My hand was still resting on his leg and I was surprised he had lasted this long.

"Pull over." His voice is urgent and he grabs my hand in his, stopping it from moving along his leg. I look at him, worry written all over my face but I pull over as he asks. "Isaac, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I questioned, confused at his sudden outburst. He looks into my green eyes with his blue ones and places a hand gently on my cheek, pushing some of my curly, brown hair out of my face. "I'm fine, Mavis. Just something I need to ask you." He replies coolly. He laces our fingers together then starts talking again. "I like you, Mavis. I like you a lot, and I'm hoping you like me too, otherwise I'm just making an idiot of myself and I-" I cut him off, quietly laughing at his rambling. "Just tell me, Isaac." He waits a few seconds before speaking again. "Will you go out with me?" "Yes, Isaac. I'll go out with you." I smile and he smiles back. "Now, are we going to Derek's, or what?" I question him, putting the car into drive and pulling back out onto the road. He holds my free hand in his own then says, "Nah, lets go to that ice cream parlor you love. My treat. Consider it a first date." I glance at him before smiling. "Whatever you say, Isaac. But you'll have to face Derek's wrath later." "Don't worry about me, I can handle him." He says before leaning over in his seat and placing a light kiss to my cheek.