Derek Hale #3

Anya's POV:

I bared my fangs, roaring at Isaac challenging him to charge me already. He roared back and ran at me, successfully tackling me to the ground. I wasn't pinned for long though. I raised my hips enough to move my legs and kicked him off of me, sending him flying into the opposite wall. "Come on, Lahey. Is that the best you've got!" He growled, flashing his golden Beta eyes at me and came at me again. I quickly sidestepped him and before he could react, I kicked the back of his knees, bringing him down.  Our training session went on for an hour more before Derek's voice echoed through the house. "Alright, enough for today." Isaac and I weren't done though. We were both far too stubborn to give up yet.

Isaac circled around me with a cocky smirk on his face. "You know, I always thought it would be easy to beat you. I was wrong though. Guess that's why Derek paired us up for training." At the mention of Derek, my heartbeat sped up and I let my guard down for just a second. A second was all that Isaac needed though. He jumped at me, knocking me to the ground and held me in place. His hips were against mine and his hands pinned my own above my head. I looked up at him, breathing heavily. "Alright, Isaac. You won. Now get off me." I said with a slight laugh. He stood up and offered his hand to help me up. I kindly took it, but as I stood to my full height, I lost my balance, getting dizzy. "Anya, are you okay?" Isaac asked, concern filling his eyes. I looked up at him and smiled, "Yeah, I'm fine Isaac." I took a step forward but immediately regretted it as I felt my legs give out under me. "Anya!" I heard Isaac scream. The last thing I heard was Derek's voice before everything went black.

When I woke up, I took in my surroundings. I was in a bedroom, that I was sure of. I just wasn't sure whose bedroom. The door opened and Derek walked in. "Oh, thank god Anya." I looked at him, confusion written all over my face, "What happened, Derek?" He took a seat next to me on the bed as he explained what happened and that he had been taking care of me. I smile slightly at the thought of Derek taking care of me. Derek speaking brings me out of my daydream. "Anya, don't you ever do that to me again. I was so scared I was going to lose you." When I met his eyes, I could see he was really broken over what had happened. "Derek, I'm fine" I say softly. He sighs, "Yeah, I know. But you're my mate, Anya. I can't lose you. I just... can't." I was shocked. I was someone's mate? I was Derek's mate? I take his chin in my hand and turn him to look at me. "I can't lose you either Derek, because you're my mate too." He smiles at me, a real smile and takes my hand in his. "Will you go on a date with me, Anya?" I smile up at him before kissing his cheek. "I'd love to Derek."