Chapter 2

Date: April 26th, 2019
Attempt 1 of 7

A/N: super long chapter, but please don't be intimidated, I think I kept it interesting enough for you guys. Enjoy!

Natasha awoke to the feeling of the heat of the light shining on her closed eyelids. It didn't take her very long to realize that she was not in her house or in her own bed. Natasha sat up with a jolt, she mellowed her breathing then silenced it, in case she had been kidnapped or something from the night before. Natasha couldn't recall the events from previous day, she knew that she hadn't drank anything, and she definitely knew the difference between a hangover and feeling delirious.

She scanned her surroundings in seconds, the grey shades allowed the sliver of morning sunlight to leak through the gaps between the shade and the window frame. Glancing at the floors, she noticed clothes had carelessly thrown everywhere. Black lacy undergarments and a black dress hung on chairs, closet doors and on the floor. Natasha pulled back the blanket wrapped around herself to discover she was wearing nothing, not one article of clothing was anywhere to be seen on her body. What the hell had happened last night?

"Nat," a voice yawned, Natasha's heart stopped beating. Her eyes widened, she sat up straighter.

That voice.

She knew that voice better than anything in the world. It echoed in her dreams, her nightmares, her memories, her all consuming thoughts. "Natasha, are you alright?" She felt a warmth linger over her bare back, a hand rested upon her shoulder and the shock she felt from its touch reminded her of a feeling that had been long gone.

Natasha turned around quickly and her eyes filled with tears as she saw a very worried Steve Rogers sitting behind her on the bed. "Steve," she could barely say his name, he was here, he was alive! Alissa! The old woman in the alley, that wasn't a dream, the seven chances she'd granted Natasha were real and Steve Rogers was alive, he was safe and he was real.

A huge smile stretched across her face, her vision was blurred with tears as she tackled him in a hug. "You're here, you're alive." She whispered as she nestled her head in the crook of his neck.

Steve tensed up for a moment, what was going on with her? Natasha has only ever cried once, at least from his experience with her. The way she looked at him with tear glazed eyes and a smile that made it appear like she hadn't seen him in years confused him. She never acts like this, he didn't mind it obviously, but he knew something was on her mind. Nonetheless he was happy to have her in his embrace.

"Of course I'm here, I'll always be here." He whispered, hugging her tighter. Natasha's breath hitched and she began to cry softly. Steve had no clue what he was supposed to do, what's a guy supposed to do when a girl cries?

Natasha pulled away from his embrace and kissed him hungrily on the lips, hers devouring his. Steve fought back, lowering her onto the mattress and running his hands along her body, his touch was electrifying. The feeling of being touched and held by him was something Natasha had missed so much and longed for. Natasha ran her hands through Steve's uncombed blonde hair, she tugged a little, earning a moan from him that rattled her bones and made her smile. "Jesus Natasha," he murmured against her lips.

She kissed his pulse point on his neck, remembering that this drove him crazy. His grip around her tightened, pulling them impossibly closer towards each other. Natasha hadn't realized how much she'd missed him, what she endured before all this was nothing compared to the sensation she felt while being held, kissed, and loved by him. On the surface, Natasha projected her usual cold, seemingly heartless, and distant character. But buried deep down inside her, underneath all the walls and layers she'd built around herself she wanted to feel like this, to be loved and wanted. In that sense, she was normal, and although she hated to admit or acknowledge it, she was happy to still have those desires. And only Steve had ever truly brought these buried feelings and emotions out of her with just one look.