"You're doing just great at it yourself," he says as he lifts me bridal style.

I close my eyes and take in his warmth. The heat radiating onto me, makes me realize how much colder my whole body actually is. Sometimes, I wonder how I've become so immune to certain things. If only I was immune to emotions. Then I could fulfill my goals without any setbacks or guilt.

"Lily's going to come over to check on you," Alec mentions as he climbs the stairs.

"Tell her to shove her knowledge up her ass, I'd rather die than get help from the same people who caused the pain," I reply dryly speaking into his chest. Even though my voice is muffled, I'm pretty sure he understood what I said.

"Funny, I thought you'd say that. Why don't you just tell her yourself?" Alec kicks open a door.

"Put her on the bed," I hear Lily's voice and groan.

Alec sets me down, and I sit up onto my bed with the support of my headboard. Lily stands next to me with concern lacing her hazel eyes.

"Touch me and I'll kill you. If you're really determined to help me, start by knocking some humanity into Kai fucking Black, thank you very much," I say with gritted teeth.

"Summer, please don't be stubborn. You're eyes are beet red and your face is deadly pale. Look at your arms, they're blue. Just, please let me do a routine checkup," Lily begs sincerely.

"I said no."

Lily looks at Alec for help.

"Summer, just do it. It's Kai's order for you to get checked," Alec pulls out a low card.

"Get out," I glare.

"Summer -"

"No! Get the fuck out of my room!" Lily jolts back in surprise. I climb out of my bed and stare at them with pure hatred.

"We're just here to help you," Lily states.

"I don't need your help, I need you to leave," both of them contemplate on what to do. "Leave!"

"Hey," Alec takes two large strides over to me.

"No! Don't touch me," I move back holding my hands out in front of me. The tears rush down my face.

"You're not alone, Summer. I know I'm a part of all this, but I'm just trying to help you."

"You can't help me, Alec. I was ruined way before Kai showed up, so no, I don't want your help or hers. I want you to leave me alone, because after everything I've been put through for the last three weeks, I think I've earned that much for myself."

"Lily, I'm sorry for calling you," Alec says. Lily sighs as she takes one last glance towards me. I hide my gaze and wait for her to leave. 

"You too," I add once she leaves.

"No," Alec says. I huff walking to the bathroom. As I close the door, Alec inserts one foot in between, stopping the door from fully closing.

"I'm not leaving you alone," he states.

"I'm fine, Alec."