"Please," I add. I hear him crack his neck before he yells at everyone to follow him down another street.

"Who are you?" the man asks once we're alone.

"Why does it matter to you?"

"You're a part of the White Dragons. They're planning something big, aren't they?"

"How do you know about them? They were demolished almost years ago," I state.

"I've had men lurking around them, they're not so easy to knock down. When someone does something like kill their youngest, they don't rest until they do something worse in return," he says.

"Their youngest is still alive."

"Don't try to fool me, child. You and I both know their youngest was a girl who had a tattoo just like yours."

"That doesn't prove anything," I stand still trying not to give away my nervousness.

"Please save the bullshit for someone who actually believes it," he stands tall.

"Okay. Then maybe I am who you're insinuating I am, then what?"

"Then you kill me."

"You have a lot of courage, I must say."

"I've never met a girl like you during my whole career, most likely, no one ever has. Whatever they did to you, could never be endured by another woman in a million lifetimes and for what you've survived, I applaud you," he says.

"Thank you," I thank him genuinely.

With my finger firmly on the trigger, I'm about to pull it when Kai stops me.

"Don't do it, Summer."

I don't look back to where his voice is coming from. This man is an obstacle I need to erase for good and no one can tell me otherwise. So with a blink of an eye, I pull the trigger.

"Kill them," the man says. His blood splatters across the front half of my body and I close my eyes as I hear his body drop to the ground.

"No!" Kai yells running towards me. His clothes full of blood stains just like mine.

"How the fuck, can you even think, that you can neglect a direct order from me?" I look at him with no emotion as he yells at me.

"This was step one of the deal I made with you. Get your men to take over whatever was previously his," I say.

"You don't kill someone as important as him without my permission," his forehead creases in anger. He's outraged at this point, because I'm not replying to him. I don't intend to either.

His tongue clicks just before he grabs onto my biceps pulling me closer to him.

"You work for me, do you understand? I'm your leader, you're not mine. If this happens one more time, I will kill you on the spot. Your punishment for tonight is waiting for you, so get in the car, and wait for me."

He let's go of me and I peel my eyes away from him as I take in the amount of pain his grip inflicted. Talking back to him is only going to piss him off further, so I bite down on the insides of my cheeks as I turn around and walk away. Silently, I climb into the car and wait.

A few minutes later, some members of our gang arrive and Kai instructs them to take the body along with the other men away. As I anxiously wait for him to come to the car, the blood drying on my clothes makes me sick.

All I want to do is rip them off, right here, right now. I feel disgusting. If that man hadn't seen my tattoo, then maybe he wouldn't have died from of my hands. Why did things have to be so complicated all the time? Even now, Kai's taking me for a punishment, not home.