Do I even know this man?

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, I apologize. I'm the father of the man you so effortlessly killed at the gang ball," he says. Oh, so that's why he seemed familiar. Well, this is great.

"I kill many people as a living, I'd just like to apologize that you had to stick with him for such a long time. I should've gotten to him much earlier. A lot of people would have appreciated it," I say with a slight edge to my tone.

"Nice sense of humour, but it's a shame I don't find it amusing."

"Not that hard to believe, happens a lot."

"Can both of you stop bickering and get onto some business?" Kai interrupts.

"I don't deal," I answer trying to keep my anger buried. I'm a part of his gang and he's throwing me under the bus. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"You have no option," he replies with cold eyes.

"Okay, then what do you want from me?" I ask the old man. His blue eyes glint in excitement.

"Frankly, everything I want, you have, and that's you," he clarifies.

"Is this some kind of joke? I'm not for sale old man."

"Disrespect doesn't suit you well."

"And trying to get a girl that's half your age doesn't suit you well either."

"It's either I kill you right here and now, or you come with me," he threatens.

"And what makes you think I'll let you do either?"

"Don't test my patience young lady," he warns.

I take a step closer to him and the reeking smell of alcohol hits my nostrils. Too many memories have been washed away because of alcohol, and all I wish is that I could go back to last night and remember what happened.

"You'll have do to more than just stand there if you want me to come with you," his hand finds a grip on my hair and he pulls my head back.

"Maybe the first thing I'll do is cut your tongue out when I drag you along with me," he tries to scare me. His finger traces my jaw as I clench my teeth helpless.

Why is Kai just standing there?

As his eyes travel across every feature sculpted on my face, his eyes widen on the right side of my face. In shock, his grip loosens and I back away.

"Who are you?" he questions, almost sounding scared.

My fingers slide across the back of my ear, along the lines of my tattoo.

He saw.

Immediately, my jaw clenches. If he walks away tonight, he'll know more than anyone had known about me in a while. Thinking isn't an option at this point, so my legs do their own thing as they make their way closer to the man.

My fist comes up meeting his temple and in his moment of weakness, I grab the gun from under his belt and point it directly at him. Seconds later, all the men have their guns pointed at me while Kai stands behind me pointing his own gun at the men.

"All guns down or he dies!" I yell. The man's eyes travel me up and stop just before meeting my eyes.

Why is he all of a sudden so scared of me?

He nods, a gesture telling his men to listen to us. The men put there guns down, one by one, and kick them towards us.

"Kai, deal with them. I don't care what you do, but I need a talk with this man," I instruct. I can feel Kai's heated gaze behind me, outraged at how I even had the courage to instruct a leader especially in front of everyone.