"I see you," Dean says, taking a stand next to me. I don't respond. I'm really not in the mood to talk.

"Not in the mood to talk, I see. Lucky for you, all you have to do is listen. You're an observer. Observing the tiniest details of everyone here tonight, you're missing the bigger picture. Listen carefully," he instructs, and I do as I'm told.

Guess who showed up tonight? I hear a female voice from behind me.

Who?

The White Dragons. They've been awol for two years now. Ever since they're youngest was kidnapped, no one has seen them until today.

Do you think they're planning something?

You don't just show up to the party that's being held by their worst enemy's younger brother without having a plan, now do you?

"No we don't," Dean responds. I stay silent, waiting for him to conclude his thoughts. "I spotted you talking to Kai on the balcony."

"And now you think I might be his weak spot." I turn around and face him. A cynical smile appears on my face, "Instead of looking for someone else's weak points, you should look for your own. Improve yourself and everything will work out. That's one thing I can guarantee you."

"And where do you think I should start?"

"Go back and fix your mistakes, maybe you'll find something you thought you've lost forever," I state. When I don't receive a response, I finish off my drink and leave the empty glass on an empty tray in the hands of a waiter passing by.

I'm about to leave when I'm stopped by three other men who I recognize as Anthony, Vincent, and my father.

"Mind my youngest, he can be unprofessional at times."

"Mind me, but I have no interest in talking to a gang not worth of my time," I say, mostly looking at Vincent. Even under his mask, the forming creases around his face give him away.

I try to step to the side to leave, but his voice stops me, "It'd be in your best interest to stay."

"You don't know what's in my best interest. You never did," I whisper the last part to myself.

"Is there a problem here?" Kai walks into the conversation standing next to me. My family remains silent.

"No," I reply.

"Well, it was nice of you all to show up." Kai continues, "The meeting is starting upstairs."

With that, they take their leave and I stay.

"What was that?"

"They wanted to talk," I reply.

"We have bad history. Don't make things worse with them," he states.

"Why do you care? Not like they have anything to offer."

Kai has no right telling me how, and how not to talk to my own family.

"I have my own reasons and how would you know that they have nothing to offer me?" he questions.

"Keep your reasons to yourself. I treat people the way I want to. I work for you, that's about it. Everything else, you stay out of. And let's just say, I was born a mystery."

"I don't know what just crawled under your skin, but if you want, I'm allowing you to come to the meeting. Come at your own risk. Remember, your actions determine whether you're known or not." With a slight edgy tone to his voice, he doesn't wait for my response as he turns around to leave.