Senpai (Mash + Ritsuka)

Chaldea was normally a decent place. It was certainly nicer then most of the world. Sure, everything was completely man made, but at least mainly good things made it in there. 

....Or so Ritsuka thought.

Yes, the world needed saving, that much was certain. But where was the hero today?

Wrapped in a cocoon of blankets shivering. 

Movies lied, Ritsuka thought, pulling the blankets tighter. In the movies the hero never got sick. The hero was this fancy strong person who was invincible.

Heroes didn't get sick....until today. 

Ritsuka had never been great at handling illnesses. A common cold? TIME TO PANIC. The flu? TIME TO LAY IN BED FOR THREE WEEKS! The bubonic plague?

...Well Ritsuka probably wouldn't survive that one. 

Whatever illness this was, it certainly felt like the plague. Ritsuka had been fine the night before, but had woken up shivering, sneezing, and sniffling. Not to mention a headache, stomach ache and other places aches had also arrived. 

Ritsuka had a sudden thought. Last night when one insult too many was directed at Da Vinci, she had said that if you insulted a beautiful woman, you would be cursed. Ritsuka hadn't believed it but......

......If that was the reason for all of this, someone was going to get hurt. 

Ritsuka was most likely supposed to be training right now, but getting out of bed seemed impossible. When Ritsuka attempted it, shaking legs and weak muscles arrived as a warning.

So bed it was. Ritsuka wondered how long it would take for someone to notice...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Senpai are you in here? You're four hours late so I know you're not sleeping in." Mash said, pushing her senpai's door open. The timid demi-servant had pleaded that Ritsuka be allowed to sleep, as battles were draining. 

"It's kinda late in the day now, and I thought you might want to get some training in..." Mash trailed off as she saw the shaking pile of blankets. "Senpai are you ok?"

She carefully approached the bed and pulled the covers back. "Oh!"

Ritsuka was curled up in a ball, pale and shivering. Mash had never seen her senpai in such a state. 

"Can I have that back." the 48th master croaked, flinching at the raspy scraping noise that was supposed to be a voice. "I'm freezing."

"Are you ok?" Mash asked, although clearly her senpai wasn't. "Can I do anything for you? Does anything hurt? Do you need anything."

Ritsuka muttered a single word. "Water." 

"I'm on it. You can count on me." 

Mash dashed out of the room in search of water. Something was definitely wrong with her senpai, and if water would help, she would get it. 

She was running so fast that she didn't see Dr. Roman ahead of her until she had run right into him. The doctor let out a strangled yell as hot coffee splashed onto his shirt. 

"Dr. Roman! I'm so sorry!" Mash cried, trying her best to wipe the coffee off with her hands. "I didn't see you I'm really really sorry."

"Hooooot." the doctor whined. "It's ok." he said finally. "Why were you running anyways?" 

"Senpai needed water, and-"

"Where the heck is Ritsuka anyways? I had to entertain Da Vinci all by myself, and she was not a fan of my drunken prostitute jokes." the doctor said, crossing his arms and flinching when a burnt spot was hit.