9 - Maybe I'm Not Enough

Depuis le début

Niall looked flattered, battering his eyelashes to play off just how grateful he seemed by Louis. "Lunch, yeah? Where are you going to take me?"

"Wherever you want to go." Louis promised, his smile bright and his eyes twinkling. "Just let me sleep off my headache for a bit, yeah?" He chuckled, getting back into his covers as Niall handed over some paracetamol for his headache and joined him in the bed.

**

After Louis had woke up from a refreshing nap, they instantly slipped out of the house straight away and started driving around the city. He was glad to be out of the house, get some fresh air and he wouldn't do it with no one else besides Niall. They went straight out of town, like they always would, and tried to look around for a restaurant that appealed to both of them. But in the end, they ended up going nandos since it was the only thing they would actually enjoy. Niall was over the moon, considering the fact that he was literally in love with nandos. They sat, took their orders and caught up on life in general. Louis explained his timetable coming up: how he was about to jump into his interviews, tours, promotions and how it was a little daunting to think about.

It wouldn't seem like it to an ordinary person but Louis's work was long and somewhat torturous. Once you left for tour, that's it - you don't return for a long time. You travel from city to city, different hotels every night and your tour bus becomes your best friend. He became homesick really fast, missing the king size bed that was awaiting him in his room and missing seeing his mum on a daily basis. Even though he had only done a UK and Ireland tour so far, visiting multiple cities and it only took around two months - now he was moving onto bigger things: world tour.

He was going to be away from home for over 4 months, it was new and nerve wracking to be visiting all his new fans that had been waiting for him to come by. His tour had sold out in just under hours and he was shocked, surprised and knew this year had something else to offer to him. For that, Louis was excited, he was looking forward to see the places he was going to see with his very own two eyes and meet new faces everywhere he went.

Louis was basically living his dream with a lot of strings attached, he hadn't realised sometimes just how miserable doing this could be. It demanded a lot of patience, a lot of stamina and the burning passion to concentrate on the sole dream and desire to sing otherwise you just couldn't make it, you wouldn't be cut for the real world for fame. Being famous came with a lot of perks but also a lot of cons that Louis felt the side effects of everyday.

After they were done with lunch, Louis dropped Niall over and thanked him over and over for the help because he just couldn't help it. He felt like Niall had done way too much, without ever asking, and he couldn't appreciate him more right now. They also made plans for the next party, the next big occasion and Louis was already buzzing for it. A little getting away party for the tour since Louis was going to be so faraway from home.

Pleased with today and himself, he smiled as he got out of his car and approached his our house. He handed been here in over a night and he was already missing his own familiar little space, his own cosy bed and his own food that was waiting in the fridge. Today, he just wanted to curl up on the sofa and watch some movies with ice cream; he just wanted a normal day to himself where he didn't have to worry about anyone and anything else.

However, life had other plans for him as he heard a small, fragmented voice call out for him. "Louis..." at first, he thought it must of been something supernatural considering how little the voice was but he noticed a broken form of Harry sitting on his door step. 

Louis wanted to sob, he was tired of seeing Harry everywhere he went because he was trying so hard to forget him. He was trying so hard to just spend his life without having the need to cry every second because there was a huge chunk of his heart just missing but every time, Harry seemed to follow up and show up wherever Louis was. It was like he was just trying to rub in his face just how happy he was, contented with his life but instead, Harry didn't have the slightest bit of smile showing on his face.