Chapter 5 - I Missed You, Kyson

Start from the beginning

Everyone was here, who could he be talking about.

"The boy—" Dad started to talk, but Keema interrupted him.

She shook her head, squeezing his hand. "Honey, maybe you should have the discussion at a later time. You're still weak and groggy."

He waved her off, but kept his mouth shut.

Damn, Keema.

I wanted to hear what he had to say. Obviously, it was important since he felt the need to say something about it right now. He literally just woke up from being in a medical induced coma and the first thing he wants to ask is if I seen them.

Who the fuck is them?

Just then, the door to his room opened and my mom walked in, but what I wasn't expecting was for Scarlett to walk in behind her.

The world literally stopped spinning as I met her gaze.

I didn't know how to move.

My brain wasn't sending in kind of signal to my body letting it know that it can move or that it should move. I was just stuck.

Stuck in a trance.

"Hi, Ky." Scarlett dipped her head as she spoke, looking up at me through her eyelashes.

Fuuuuuuuuuccckkk.

Her eyes were still as blue as ever, they were oceans, oceans that were so familiar and deadly. Her features, her expressions, her movements, so angelic.

She was even more beautiful than I remember.

My angel.

"Angel." I sighed, relieved to see her face, to know that she is okay.

Everybody in the room was quiet, it was like they were all waiting for this; for us to be reunited.

Sophia nudged me softly as I didn't see her come stand behind me. She broke me from my trance and cleared her throat.

I felt a bit embarrassed because I did this shit in front of everybody, especially Sophia. I didn't mean for it to happen, it just happened. There's something about Scarlett that just makes me lose my shit whenever I see her.

Glancing back up at Scarlett, she looked beside me at my dad who was trying to give her the best smile he could conjure. "Hi, honey."

I stepped back as she walked over to him, she took his hand and dropped her head. For a second, I thought she was praying but when she lifted her head, I seen nothing but tears fall.

I went to comfort her, but stopped myself when Elliott stepped up from behind me. I didn't miss the guarded stare he sent me as he wrapped his arm around my girl.

His girl.

"I missed you." Scarlett spoke to my father. "I don't know what I would do if I lost you. I wouldn't know what to say."

I turned to Lanie, I wasn't exactly aware of how close Scarlett and Dad were. Before I left a few years ago, they hated the fact that I was even with her. They talked about how she was too young for me and I was too old for her, how I needed to find someone else my own age.

He gave her a weak chuckle. "You would have been okay, you would have found the words. How are they?" Dad glanced at me and then back at Scarlett.

"They're good." She nodded her head. "They don't know though."

Who are they talking about?

And why is everyone extremely quiet?

My mom bolted out of the room, so I followed her out. She almost ran down the hallway, and stopped to lean against a wall by a soda machine, her hands placed over her face.