Chapter 2: Dinner with friends?

Chapter 2: Dark Secrets

The Lovely Voice

~~~ So what did you think of Chapter 1? I hope it was at least okay. Like I've said please bare with me, this is my first story. And if you have any opinions please feel free to express them.. Well only if they're not mean or anything. And im going to go on and see how i go with this book. Hopefully it isnt as bad as i think it is. So please tell me what you think. I'm not asking for votes or shares. Thanks lovelys ~~~

 Calvin's POV

Oh my god. I don't know what to do. All i see is confusion, hurt and something else in Asher's eyes. When he see's me with Anna and Emma. I'm expecting the worse as he's walking towards our table.

"Are you okay?" Anna asks.

"I'm fine." I say through my teeth. Which is a lie, everything is far from fine.

Why is Asher here tonight? Out of all nights why tonight?

"Is everything okay?" Emma asks through the family link.

"Yeah why wouldn't it be?"

 "Idk, you tell me. You got all butt tight all of a sudden."

"Im fine. Don't worry about anything." I growled through the link.

Anna's POV

I'm looking at Calvin and Emma and they're looking at each other as if they are having a conversation just with their eyes. Huh? Weird.

"Fancy seeing you here Calvin"

I didn't recognize that voice. So i looked up to see who was talking to Calvin. And when i do, my god am i surprised . Its the guy i saw at the diner earlier today!!!

"Ugh, hey Asher. Uhh just here with some friends."

Why did Calvin just call us friends.  Why is this boy hiding our real relation from this Asher dude.  But thats not even my real concern. How does Calvin even know this guy?

"I see" Asher dude says. "Sorry to be so impolite ladies. I haven't introduced myself. I am Asher Ryder. Calvins boss. And you are?"

This guy was Calvin's boss!

"Im Emma and this is my sister Anna." Replied for both of us.

I just stared at this dude intently. There was just something mesmerizing about him. Something that wouldn't let me look away. And i think he noticed it because he has a huge smirk that i wanted to slap off.

"Do you guys mind if i join you?" Asher asked.

"Ummm.. Sure i guess." Calvin replied not too thrilled it.

Asher's POV

I walk in to the The Little Room, an my mate scent hits me. Great! She's here, maybe i can cause an accident and have a reason to meet her.

I look around to find her. And i do. But.. I also see her and her sister sitting with my Beta!! Does he know them, and not tell me?! Oh... its going to be a fun night. I cant help but to smirk as i see Calvin’s face when walk to their table.

"Fancy seeing you here Calvin"

"Ugh, hey Asher. Uhh just here with some friends" I can tell he's nervous. He should be. He has a hell lot of explaining to do. Like firstly how he knows my mate.

"I see. Sorry to be so rude ladies. I haven't introduced myself. I am Asher Ryder, Calvin’s boss. And you are?"

"Im Emma and this is my sister Anna."  Emma replies for both of them. Huh, cat got my mates tongue. I can tell the mate bond is already taking effect because she can't seem to get her eyes of me. Which i don't mind. She is my mate after all.

"Do you guys mind if i join you?" I know i can. To the girls its a simple question but for Calvin its more of a demand.

"Ummm.. Sure i guess." Calvin obviously not too thrilled it.

“Great thanks!”

Anna’s POV

“So uhh what brings you to the city Asher?” Calvin asks Asher.

“I actually came with some of your coworkers but i ran them off when i saw you and your friends here. So how did you gals meet Calvin here?”

“I don't know. Why don't you tell him how we met Calvin, after all he is your boss.” I smirked. I really want answers. Firstly why is he calling us his friends, we clearly are not. Even our looks deceive that friend thing. We look all so much alike.

“Uhh well you see after we left the diner earlier.. Uhh i bumped into them … Uhh yeah after you left i bumped into them and asked them to dinner tonight” Is he serious? More lies.  For all i know he’ll call us aliens and send to capture us.

“Strange because i remember you left before me to get the truck going.’

“Okay lets stop the b*****t. Asher, Calvin here is my brother. Always has been since my parents gave birth to us.” As soon as i said that i can tell Asher and Calvin get tense at the same time.

“You guys know what i think i rather leave you guys alone. Clearly this is a family thing and i dont want to interrupt. Calvin we will talk later and ladies nice meeting you and hope to see you again.” He looked directly at me. I couldn't help but fidget in my seat

“Uhh okay. See you later Asher” With that Asher left us alone. I had so many questions and i wanted answers soon but i have this feeling that i won't get any.