Chapter One: Its Just the Beginning

Asher POV

“Keep two guards near her at all times!”

“Yes Alpha”

“Make sure you don't make yourself visible. Don't let her get suspicious”

“Dont you think you're taking this a little too far?”

“Calvin!! You haven't found your mate so you have not right to tell me i'm taking this too far?!”

“Asher! Shhh! She will hear you! We’re only a booth away from her!”

I immediately stopped talking. I had completely forgotten. And this cafe isn't that all big,  I wouldn't doubt if they heard us. UGH! How am i supposed to stand not being near her. Even her scent brings me near her and makes my wolf go on a frenzy. But there was something off about her scent, well not just hers but what appears to be her sister too. She smelt human but she aalso smelt like a werewolf.

I don't know how I have been in this town all my life and not once have i ever seen her. If she is a were how come she isn't in a pack? Why isn't she part of my pack?!I It doesn't make any sense at all. Could she be a rogue?? No impossible, no rogue comes into my town without going through me.

Fingers started snapping in my face. How long have i been in the zone?

“Hello earth to Asher… Anybody in there?” Calvin smacked my head. THAT finally got my attention.

“Oww! What was that for?”

“Well you were thinking so hard you weren't listening to us, so i took drastic measures”

“Thanks bro, i think i was in the zone too long because i can feel a headache coming on. By the way sorry for snapping at you about the whole mate thing.”

“Its okay Asher. You’re my best friend. Trust me when i say, i didn't take it to the heart”

“Cool. We should leave before they start to get suspicious.”

“Okay, I’ll go get the SUV started”

With that Calvin left. You know i could never ask for a better best friend and Beta. He’s always been there for me, ever since we were pups. And we got even closer when his parents passed away. I remember that day very well. But i don't like to get into the details it scares me sometimes. But one thing i always wonder is, what happened to his two younger sisters? I never saw them after their parents death. I know that they have family a few states over, could they be there? Huh… I think i should do some research since Calvin never talks about them anymore.

Anna’s POV

“OH MY GOD! Anna did you hear what that guy said behind us?!”

“No, whats with you? Why are you listening to others conversations?”

“Anna!”

“Well? What did he say?”

“The guy that came in after us you know with the olive color skin, green eyes, and black sexy hair? Well he said something about ‘don't make yourself visible. Don't let her get suspicious of you’”

“Emma for all you know the guy is going to propose to his girlfriend or something.”

“ Mhmm, i don't think so. What if they're stalking the ‘she’ they were talking about and are going to kidnap and rape her?!”

“You have an overactive imagination”

“Ugh maybe i do, maybe i don't. Whatever thats the awesomeness you get when you're a bookworm!”