Chapter 40 (The End)

~Jack's POV~

"You did this!" Nash snarled angry, his fists balled at his sides. I stepped back, giving him room.

I took a deep breath, "No I didn't."

"What? You fucking cheated on her! You're a fucking-"

"I didn't cheat," I spoke, "I'll explain everything, just calm down please."

"She saw you!"

"No, she didn't see what she think she saw. It's a long story, and I swear it makes sense. A lot more happened that night than you think. What does Drew do best? She runs, like it's her fucking job. I needed to get her as far away from this city as fucking possible. I made a deal with Cam to make sure she did just that." I explained, not wanting to think of the events of that night.

He looked at me, not knowing what to say. To be honest, I didn't know how to say what I needed to, I didn't know how to tell him. And there was the aching part in me, that asked, should I tell him? He has the right to know everything that went down that night.

I sipped at my beer, my girlfriend whom was lingering outside. I was in search of someone, Cameron Dallas. Although I rather smash his face against the wall, he's the only person I can think of who wants to keep Drew safe as I do.

I'm not dumb, I see the way he looks at her, and he's made it fairly clear, he cares about her. I don't know how much, but he's one person I can try and trust when it comes to this. It's the reason I came here early, to surprise her, because I needed a few more days with her before all went falling down.

"Can we talk?" I asked Cameron.

He raised an eyebrow, shrugging his shoulders. "Sure, why not. What's up?"

"No, it needs to be alone, come with me."

I lead him into what I assume is one of their spare bedrooms, I shut the door behind us. "Okay bro, seriously, what's up, you never want to talk to me, in fact you fucking hate me."

"Well you're right about that, but we have something in common and that thing is Drew. We both love her more than anything in this world. Right?" I asked.

He gulped, "Yeah, we do."

"Good, because I'm counting on that. Last week something happened, something bad. And I need to get Drew as far away from this place as I possibly can. New York, Florida, although out of the country would be better. And I need your help doing that. When she runs, I want you go with her, to make sure she's safe."

"What happened?" He asked.

"George Grier happened," my voice croaked.

"Alright, what ever you need," he nodded.

"She's going to think I cheated on her, she'll walk right into it. Then, I need you to get her out of here, back to her house, from there she'll leave. Hopefully with in a few hours too. Convince her to let you go, then promise me you won't leave her side under any circumstances."

"I promise."

I think back to everything, knowing I am only doing this to keep her safe. It was last week, when I received the dangerous e-mail. One threatening my life if I didn't hand her over to George, he gave me a date, and a time.

He can't take her, if she isn't here. My quick thinking bought me a few days, at the least, to figure all of this out. "What are we going to do?" Nash asked.

"I called Nik, he's on his way," I said.

We sat in silence, as I checked my phone. A text from Cameron appeared on the screen, he was reassuring me of her safety. They spend the day wandering around Rome. I felt a pang of jealousy in my chest, I always wanted to take her to those places.