Chapter 26

(Don't give into peer pressure kids. And I wrote this while listening to Say Something by A Great Big World replaying over a million times, you should try it.)

*LSD is a hardcore narcotic

~Drew's POV~

 “Open it baby,” Jack handed me the blue wrapped box.

 I nod, smiling, it's Christmas, my favorite time of the year. I pull back the wrapping paper, to reveal a black box. Opening it, to see a gold necklace, at the end it a small globe “Oh my god-” I gush, “Jack this is amazing. I love you so much, thank you.”

 I slide it on my small wrist, and it glistens against the light. I kiss him, showing all the love and happiness I have for him. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me to his chest, whispering, “you're my world Drew, never forget that.”

 “I won't, I promise.”

 I smile, thinking about Christmas, it was only a week or so ago. It's a New Year, and so many things are happening. Between Magcon, finishing the writing for the album, although lately I can't seem to put my thoughts into lyrics. Everything is jumbled in my mind, and I honestly don't know why.

 Everything feels like a life time ago, moving to Florida, falling for Jack, the beach house in Miami, although it's only been a few weeks since those things, a month maybe. I stand on the balcony, looking out onto the Chicago skyline.

 We performed here last night, and frankly, it's a beautiful city. Today, Jack took me exploring, shopping, and more. We got stopped by some fans, and I froze when they asked if we were together. I said no.

 He was mad, furious actually. But how can he put that kind of pressure on me? I don't want to tell the fans, I can't. I'm so damn terrified of what they will say and he won't understand that. As much as I yell and scream at him, he won't.

 “Well maybe if every one knew stupid guy fans wouldn't flirt with you when we got out!” He spat, his jaw clenched.

 “Why do you always get so fucking jealous!?” I yell, not being able to take it, I hate fighting with him, but I won't surrender.

 “Because I love you, isn't that enough?”

 “No, because if you loved me, you'd trust me a little more.”

 A tear rolls down my cheek, although I don't want it too. I shouldn't be upset about our fight earlier, should I? But then again, he always does this. And he has to realize I'm my own person. I walk to the mattress, leaving the breeze of the Chicago air.

 The blankets are warm, and press against my skin, making me forget the current wreck in my heart. I try and forget, but I can't. Instead, I just think to last week, when everything was okay with us. I click on my ipod, hoping some music will sink me away.

 After about ten minutes, someone walks through the door. I know it's Jack, I can hear his heavy footsteps, I lift myself up, seeing his sunken eyes. “Hi,” he whispers, sitting down next to me. “You've been crying.”

 I nod, “yeah, I have.”

 “I'm sorry,” he spoke, “I shouldn't have over reacted the way I did.”

 “And I'm sorry I yelled at you.”

 I lost myself in him, as his body engulfed me. Taking the pain away. “Why do we fight?” he asked, pressing kisses into my hair.

 “I think it's because we're both crazy about each other.” I chuckle.

 “Very accurate.” He said, before I know it he pulls me to my feet, “dance with me.”