𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

monday, march 26, 1984- 7:45 AM

»»————-✩————-««

A blue Chevy Impala pulled up in front of Shermer High School. The bustling noise of different students walking to the school while talking to their friends filled the ears of the passengers. Opal Sheldon took her backpack from the back of the car, yawning a bit.

"Have a good day." Danielle Sheldon says to her daughter. Opal looks over at her mother, who was looking straight ahead.

"Bye mom." Opal says. She opens the door of the car and leaves. Glancing once more at her mother, she slammed the door of the car and walked toward the school. Sighing, she slung her bag over her shoulder and walked towards the entrance. A few taller students bump into her. She gives them a dirty look, but shrugs it off. She goes to open the door, but someone stops her.

"Here, lemme get that for ya." Opal looks over and sees her boyfriend, Brian.

"Oh, hey!" Opal says, smiling and kissing him on the cheek. Brian smiles, and blushes. He opens the door of the school, and the two walk inside, hand in hand. 

"You need to go to your locker?" Brian asked his girlfriend.

"Yeah, I guess. Is yours on the way? Mine's on the second floor." Opal says.

"Oh, yeah. Mine's in front of the staircase." Brian says. Opal nodded, and they started walking. On the way, they saw a familiar girl wearing all black.

"Is that..." Opal whispers. Brian nods. The two walk over and Opal taps her on the shoulder. She looks up and stares at the two.

"Hi..." Brian says.

"Hi." Allison says.

"You wanna walk with us? We're just stopping at mine and Brian's lockers before class." Opal asks. 

"Sure, why not." Allison says. The three continue walking until they stop in front of a locker, presumably Brian's. As Brian is putting the combination into his lock, Allison notices Bender walking inside. She nudges Opal to take a look. Opal and Allison are both looking at Bender, who was with his friends. After a few seconds, Bender looked in their direction. By now, Brian was also looking at him. Bender simply raised an arm at them. They waved back.

"Hold on, guys." Bender says to his friends. He walked over to the three, who were quietly talking while Brian was finishing taking books out of his locker. He put his hands on Opal and Allison's shoulders, scaring them a bit.

"Hiya, Bender!" Brian says.

"Hey, dork." Bender says, smirking. 

"Hey, how're you doing?" Opal asks.

"I'm okay. Just wanted to say hey. Bye." Bender says, laughing a bit and walking back to his friends. 

"Bye." Opal says. She noticed that Bender was wearing a diamond earring, in addition to the ear cuff he already wore normally. 

Brian closed his locker, put the lock on, and led the girls to the staircase, taking Opal's hand on the process. As they walked up the stairs, they see Andrew walking down, books in his hands and a gym bag slung over his shoulder. He locked eyes with Brian, Opal and Allison. He nodded at Brian and Opal, then went over and kissed Allison on the cheek. He continued to walk down.

Opal looked at Allison and smirked. Allison smiled at her.

"Are you a thing?" Brian asked, holding the door for them. 

"Kind of. I mean, I saw him at the store yesterday, and he told me to meet him at the park at seven tonight. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I'm kinda excited." Allison says.

"Wishing you luck!" Opal says. Opal leads the two to her locker, and fiddles with the lock to open it. As she opens it and puts books in her backpack, they hear a familiar voice.

"Yeah, I got high. It was... whoa!" Claire was bragging to her friends about how she got high. Of course, she didn't mention that Bender gave her the weed. Opal closes her locker, and locks eyes with Claire. They smile at each other. 

"Who's them?" One of Claire's friends asked, pointing at Opal, Brian and Allison.

"Oh, um... A few people I saw at detention Saturday." she replies. Allison gave a content nod.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Brian asks Opal, kissing her on the cheek.

"Yeah. You wanna sit with us, Ally?" Opal asks.

"Sure." she says. The three wave, and part ways, each heading toward a different classroom.