𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

saturday, march 24, 1984- 7:30 AM

»»————-✩————-««

Johnson looked over at Bender, who was messing with the door. He was trying to take a screw out of it.

"Bender, that's... that's school property there. You know, it doesn't belong to us. It's something not to be toyed with." Johnson said. Bender ignores him as the door slams shut. He quickly runs back to his seat. Opal breaks out into a cold sweat.

"That's very funny, come on, fix it!" the jock says.

"You should really fix that!" Johnson says.

"Come on, Bender, fix it! We don't wanna get in trouble." Opal says.

"Am I a genius?" Bender asks.

"No, you're an asshole!" the jock exclaims.

"What a funny guy!" Bender exclaims.

"Fix the door Bender!" the jock yells.

"Everyone just shh! I've been here before, I know what I'm doing!" Bender says, trying to quiet everyone down.

"No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!" the jock whisper-yells.

"Come on, fix it, Bender!" Opal says, becoming more nervous.

"Shut up!" Bender shouts. Everyone goes quiet.

"God damn it!" the teens hear Vernon shout from outside. He opens the door of the library and storms in.

"Why is that door closed?" he proclaims, looking at the six teens. Opal shifts in her seat, getting more nervous under the stern glare of Vernon. No one responds.

"Why is that door closed?" Vernon repeats. 

"How are we supposed to know? We're not supposed to move, right?" Bender says. Vernon ignores him and turns to the redhead.

"Why?" he asks her. Opal prayed that she wouldn't rat Bender out.

"We were just sitting here, like we're supposed to..." she mutters. Vernon looks at Bender.

"Who closed that door?" Vernon asks again.

"I think a screw fell out of it." Bender says.

"It just closed, sir." the jock tells Vernon. Opal nods. Vernon looked at the girl wearing all black.

"Who?" he asked. The girl wearing all black squeaked, and put her head down on her jacket.

"She doesn't talk, sir." Bender says. Vernon faces Bender.

"Give me that screw..." Vernon orders.

"I don't have it." Bender replies.

"You want me to yank you outta that seat and shake it out of you?" Vernon says in a menacing tone.

"I don't have it...screws fall out all of the time, the world's an imperfect place." Bender tells Vernon. 

"Give it to me, Bender." Vernon orders.

"Excuse me, sir, why would anyone want to steal a screw?" the redhead asks Vernon. Vernon turns to her.

"Watch it, young lady." he says. Vernon walks to the door, and tries to keep it open with a folding chair.

"The door's way too heavy, sir." Bender tells Vernon. He was right, as the door slammed shut.

"Damn it!" he shouts. The six teens start laughing at the principal's mistake. Vernon opens the door again and points to the jock.