Chapter 14: The End of the Chunin Exams!

I looked in the mirror and tied my headband around my waist. I stared at myself for a few before heading out to the arena. The matches were about to start and they weren't allowing anyone else in. I looked around and seen Naruto wasn't here yet. That idiot. A few minutes later Naruto came flying in through the door and I sweat dropped, and then I smiled. Shikamaru helped him up and I shook my head still smiling. The proctor got onto Naruto and Shikamaru as we stood up and proudly presented ourselves. The crowd cheered. I looked up and seen the Kazekage sit next to the Hokage. My stomach churned and I felt as if something bad was going to happen. My eyes connected with the Kazekage and I knew something was going to happen.

" Welcome all and our thanks for coming here to the Village Hidden in the Leaves!" The Hokage's voice boomed throughout the arena, " For this years Chunin Exams, we have come to the final competition between the nine candidates who made it through the preliminaries. We ask that no one leaves until all of the matches have been completed. Now everyone enjoy!"

" Oh, there's one more thing before we get started," The proctor said pulling something out of his vest, " Look it over," I realized they switched up the matches, " There's been a slight change in the match up." I have to go against Temari after Shikamaru does. Suck for her, she has to do two battles one right after another. He explained to us that there aren't any rules and that he can stop a match at anytime, " These are the opponents for the first match, Naruto Uzumaki and Neji Hyuga. Those two stay, the rest of you can go to the waiting area. I passed by Naruto.

" Good luck. I'll be cheering for you." I said and followed behind everyone else. I sat on the railing and watched as Naruto stuck his fist out. It was the same thing he did during the preliminaries. I smiled as the match was about to begin. Neji got into a fighting stance and I observed. The wind picked up around them. I watched with anticipation as tension built up between the two. Naruto threw kunai meaning the match has begun. Naruto went to throw a punch and Neji easily dodged, " Come on Naruto! Don't let what Pervy Sage taught you go down the drain!" I shouted.

" Idiot." Shikamaru mumbled as Neji used gentle fist. Neji started hitting one of Naruto's chakra points and I stood up on the railing. 

" Naruto remember training!" I yelled as loud as possible. Naruto was on the ground and I seen him smirk. Naruto did the hand sign for Shadow Clone Jutsu, and I sat back down on the railing. Four shadow clones appeared and the fight continued. At first it looked like Naruto hit him, but Neji dodged. Neji started talking and it seemed to be making Naruto mad.

" Naruto, don't listen to him!" I yelled, " Win! I believe in you!" Naruto did the Shadow Clone Jutsu again and this time a whole lot of Naruto's showed up causing me to grin. I seen Neji got a hit on Naruto and my eyes widened. How'd he know?, " Don't give up!" I seen the one Neji hit poof away and my eyes widened. Neji used rotation and threw back the two Naruto's that attacked from behind. He used rotation again after Naruto summoned more shadow clones. He hit Naruto two times, four, eight, " Naruto!" My eyes widened and I lost my balance nearly falling forward. Shikamaru caught me and helped me back onto the railing, " Thanks."

" No problem." Shikamaru said. Naruto flew back with blood dribbling down his face to his chin from his mouth. The proctor started to walk forward. 

" Get up Naruto!" I yelled. I seen Naruto twitching, " Don't make Pervy Sage regret teaching you! Remember what he taught you about your chakra!" Naruto started to lift his head. Naruto started to stand, " WOOT WOOT! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Neji had a look of shock on his face. Neji took off his headband and there were markings under it. I gasped. He explained to Naruto about it, but Naruto didn't back down. He put his headband back on and charged at Naruto hitting him in the stomach sending him flying back. Neji started to turn away, but Naruto wasn't going to let that happen. Naruto shakily stood up. Naruto was breathing heavily and I heard Neji.