Chapter 17

"Bye! Keep in touch Ellarian! I mean it!"

Ellie laughed. "I'll try."

"No! You will. Damon make sure she does."

Damon grinned and hugged Ellie into his side before kissing the side of her head. "I will."

Tia squealed from the car. "You two are going to make the cutest babies!"

Ellie shuffled on her feet awkwardly. "Uh... Thanks?"

"Don't look so weird about it! You two were made for each other. He's your balance. He's nice and sweet while you're mean and sarcastic."

"Just leave already Tia! Tell Filauria to call me when she gets back from the Maldives."

"Will do. Hope to see you soon!"

"Bye Ellarian!"

"Bye Iona!"

"See you Damon!"

"I hope so Lukas! Tschüss!"

Red waved to the both of them from the drivers seat. "I wrote down our address on te notepad in the kitchen if you ever want to visit."

"Thanks Roanmara!"

Red scowled and Iona frowned. "Are you going to crush Ellaria's play station too daddy?"

Tia squealed with laughter and Red flipped Ellie off as he drove away.

"Should we go back to bed?"

"I thought you'd never ask. I cant believe they left at seven in the morning voluntarily."

"But you were already awake."

"That's because I had a nightmare."

"What about?" Ellie didn't reply. "What happened t trusting me?"

"I do. I'm just not sure I'm ready."

"Fair enough. Feel free to tell me when you are ready though."

Damon and Ellie changed back into their night things. Damon was already wearing the boxers he slept in under the jeans he threw on last minute. Ellie just had to take off her jeans as well since she was wearing her night shirt.

Damon and Ellie had pulled on what ever was closest to them since they were rudely awakened at six thirty by Iona and Lukas. Well Damon was rudely awakened. Ellie was already awake because she had her usual nightmare wake her up.

They both climbed into bed and pulled up the covers since Ellie was shivering. "Every night I dream about my parents deaths."

For a moment Damon didn't say anything. "That was quick. How did they die?"

"Marie found my parents and then killed them along with other TESS agents. It was like any other day and suddenly they came in and..."

"My parents were killed by TESS too. Except we were on the run when they caught us. My father managed to get me out but it was too late for my mother. She was only human. When I looked back I saw my father lying dead in his own blood. That was the first time I saw Xander. He was about twenty at the time but he was already a leader of TESS."

"Is that why you're doing this? Revenge?"

"No. I am risking my life so that TESS can't destroy any more families. They tear families apart. They did it to my family and they did it to yours. I want to stop that from happening."

Ellie remained silent. Damon rolled onto hi front and rested his head on Ellie's stomach. Ellie watched as Damon's breathing became slower in sleep. She ran her fingers through his hair and thought about what Damon had said. She lay there for an hour or two until she finally drifted off as well.