Chapter 16

Ellie bolted awake at twelve o'clock in the afternoon breathing hard. Damon was still asleep on his stomach with his arm wrapped around Ellie's waist. Ellie flopped back onto the bed when her head began pounding. It was like she had been hit by a truck again. She couldn't get back to sleep since her head was sore so she crawled out of bed and stumbled through to the kitchen. There were some things elf magic couldn't cure. Hangovers being one of them. Tia was already awake but she was in the kitchen against her will.

Her two children, Iona and Lukas were sitting at the table waiting for their breakfast. Tia winced as Lukas asked loudly when breakfast would be ready for the third time. Iona was four and she grinned at Ellie.

"Goo Moning Ellari."

Tia took one look at Ellie and held out some tablets for her to take. "Oh thanks Tia."

"Shh. Too noisy. Here's some for Damon."

"Thanks. See you later. What day are you leaving?"

"First thing tomorrow. You?"

"Saturday. Where's Red?" Tia's husband was called Red but apparently that wasn't his real name. Red threatened Tia not to tell Ellie and Damon his real name last night so Ellie never learned what his name was. Red and Tia had that in common except that Tia couldn't remember her real name. Red obviously could.

"He's still in bed. The horrible man left me to look after the children claiming that his headache was worse than mine. I'd like to see him try childbirth. Then he can get back to me and tell me what's is and isn't painful."

"You can stop talking so loudly now Tia. You could always get back at Red by telling me what his real name is."

Tia cackled evilly and steepled her fingers. "Well Red's parents really wanted a baby girl so when he was born they had only thought of girl names. So they called him Roanmar but the thing is it's an incomplete name because there should be an a at the end of Roanmar. So everyone realised this and would call him Roanmara anyway."

Ellie laughed despite her head pains. "That's hilarious. Now I know why he changed his name."

"Don't tell him I said that though."

Ellie left the room and crawled back into bed after swallowing the tablets back with some water. She rested her head on Damon's back and checked her phone. She had a few texts from James, Ian and Jack. All three of them were asking if she had seen Sebastian. She could vaguely remember seeing something like this last night but she wasn't sure.

Ellie frowned and dialled Ian's number. It rang a few times before he picked up.

-Ellie?-

"What's this about Sebastian missing? I have several texts asking if I've seen him. I think I read something about it last night but I cant remeber exactly."

-Where are you?-

"I'm in Leumadair guest house in the isle of Lewis."

-What are you doing there?-

"I'm at a friends wedding. Anyway what happened?"

-Well after he regained consciousness he spoke to Lily but then disappeared.-

"Who's Lily?"

-James' mate remember? Sebastian's sister?-

"Oh yeah. The girl who hates me."

-She doesn't... Okay maybe she doesn't like you very much but you broke her brothers heart.-

"Oh please. Remember that Marie supposedly broke his heart. He didn't take too long to get over her. He'll get over it."