Isn't It a Little Late...

Start from the beginning

As we passed in front of different bedrooms we could hear moans. Stefan had a smirk on his face. According to various rumours, he slept with plenty of girls. I, on the other hand, was a virgin. We exited the house and headed towards the back of it. There was no one there. We sat on a wooden bench. When I looked up at the sky it was full of stars. Such a cliche type of romance, but it was nice. I looked at my phone, it was midnight already.

"It's really nice out here." I commented.

"Agreed." He said looking straight. There were a few moments of silence and then he put his arm around my shoulder. I knew he was going to kiss me and as soon as we looked at each-other, he did. We spent some time kissing and he kept his hand between my thighs. I didn't move it because it was closer to my knees. Despite all the stars and comforting spring breeze, the moment didn't feel as magical as thought it would. I chose to ignore this. His lips tasted as a mixture of mint and alcohol, and mine probably were the same. Eventually we stopped kissing and just enjoyed the night while I was leaning on his shoulder.

After some time we went back inside and stayed with his friends. Nothing special happened. Everyone was nice to me and that felt good. At around 1:30 am we left. Within twenty minutes I was exactly where he picked me up. When I exited the car he lowered his window and called me. We kissed again shortly.

When I arrived near the gate of my house I realised it was locked. I sighed and went to the corner next to Sage's gate to jump over it. Such a convenient thing to do in a dress and heels... Once I was in the garden I walked by the side of the house. To come near where the ladder was standing I had to pass near the kitchen window which was on the ground floor and very low. That was a problem because the light was on. Sometimes Susanne liked to stay up late reading. I had no other option but to crawl.

I went down on all four and started going towards the ladder. The kitchen window was very wide so it took me some time. The path where I was crawling, between my house and Sage's fence was only one meter wide. I stood up once I passed the window and reached the ladder.

"Isn't it a little late for a girl to be out?" I heard a familiar voice and jumped. It was Sage. He gave me a fright. I rolled my eyes and took a few seconds to calm down, my hand on my chest.

"Isn't it a little creepy to stroll through the garden and sneak on people at this time?" I replied back sarcastically.

"At least I'm not crawling." He seemed amused. He was wearing his satin gown again. I sighed and pointed at the kitchen window with my head.

"My parents don't know I was out, that's why I crawled." I explained.

"Aren't you afraid I'll tell them?" He asked. There was a cold breeze, and mixed together with Sage's presence it gave me goose bumps.

"You didn't tell them about me shamelessly sneaking into your house so I guess you won't tell them now." I shrugged emphasising the word 'shamelessly' in order to show him that I regretted it.

He smirked. "I won't tell them. But it's two favours I've done you. It's time for you to do something in return." He stared at me with his blue eyes. My eyes were brown, not as bright as his but in the sun they looked like 'pools of honey' as my grandpa liked to describe them. I felt cold around my neck since my hair was pulled up in a ponytail.

"Fine." I sighed. "What do you want?"

"Tomorrow I'll have the rest of my stuff moved here. Help me unpack the boxes." It shocked me that he asked me to help him with something. I really found him intimidating. Also, he seemed anti-social so I didn't expect him to ask me to do anything that requires spending some time wth me.

"Okay, I'll come after school." Then I turned and started climbing the ladder.

"Violet..." Sage called my name when I was half the way up. I froze for a second. The way that man pronounced my name gave me shivers. I don't know why he had such an effect on me, he was almost old enough to be my dad.

"Yes?" I turned my head slowly. He was still standing in the same spot.

"Nice dress..." The way he said it sounded more like mocking than like a compliment. I reflexively looked down and realised my butt was half out. My dress must have gone up while I was jumping over the gate and crawling without me noticing. The ladder wasn't stable enough for me to remove one hand and pull the dress down, plus I was afraid of heights. I began climbing as fast as I could, literally falling over through the window inside my bedroom. I remained laying on the floor on my back, staring at the ceiling. The moonlight went straight through my window, illuminating the room. I thought about my kiss with Stefan, but those thoughts were continuously pushed aside with the thoughts of Sage calling my name and myself constantly doing embarrassing things around him.

I decided to update one day earlier. Hope you like it xo