Chapter Fourteen

Meet The Macneills

I was in class for the past few weeks. The university opened from break at the beginning of January, but the agency wouldn't open until next week. But I wasn't
complaining. It gave Wyatt and I more time together, time to evaluate our relationship and what we were going to do.

We figured it out in no time. It was glaringly obvious what we were going to do. We didn't have to, but it felt like we did.

I watched him now, smiling and laughing with the rest of the students as he jumped around our classmates participating in his demonstration of positioning of models and how it made a difference.

He was beaming, glowing with joy and happiness, more than he ever has in recent times. He told me that despite it all, he was grateful for me and what I was able to give him. I wondered what he was thinking right now as he crouched down between two students, leaning, leaning, until he was leaning so far he might just fall over.

The bell rang, causing a chorus of disappointed groans to spread through the class. I grinned, looking around, before
standing and beginning to gather my things together. As everyone headed for the exit, I lingered behind, wanting to talk to Wyatt. As I stood there, my eyes slid to the man who
was now by his desk straightening things up, I was suddenly pushed aside.

Finding my balance, I looked over in puzzled surprise at Delilah snaking past me slowly, eyes narrowed to slits and glaring at me. I avoided her gaze, looking down at my shoes in submission. She huffed proudly and moved on, leaving me behind. I sighed, shaking it off and looking up towards Wyatt again as the last kid exited, the door closing behind her. He looked over at me, and there was a pause in the air before walked over.

"Nice job today," I told him as he took me in his arms, pulling me close in a big, warm, hug. His face buried in my neck, his breath sighing over my skin. I smiled, looping my arms around his shoulders.

I was so happy that we had decided to try to make this work. Every moment was like walking on air, like the sun was shining down on me and like nothing would ever feel bad again. It was something we felt we had to do, especially after we admitted to each other we felt we were falling in love. He sighed again, pulling back slightly to smile down at me.

"You have no idea how good it feels to hold you like this. I wanted to do it so badly last semester, but I didn't think you'd appreciate it much. I didn't want to be the creepy professor... I'm not, right?" he asked, a bit paranoid now. I hesitated. He sighed, letting his forehead fall onto my shoulder. I laughed. "I don't think you are, but Delilah surely thinks so. Just be glad that I'm an old soul" I said. He nodded, looking at me again with a smile.

"Yeah, you are pretty wise beyond your years. No mean to sound offensive, but you must have dated a lot of older guys," he said. blushed, looking away, making his chuckle. But he was chuckling for the wrong reason. I looked to him again, flinching.

"This is kind of my first relationship," I said. He stopped laughing immediately, his eyes growing as he stared at me. He pulled away, leaning back on his desk, staring up at me with his lips parting in shock.

"You're serious... Noelle, are you sure that this is-"

"I'm positive that it's fine," I interrupted him before he could ask it. I sighed and took his tie into my hands, playing with it a little, running my fingers over the pattern. He stared, dumbfound. I smirked at him. "In case you're wondering if you are corrupting me, you're not. I'm not that naive. I just... I've never been interested in romance until I met you. Something about you... I can't explain it. You're intriguing."

"Intriguing?" he asked, smiling a bit, looking less worried. He shuffled a bit, reminding me of a shy school boy. "I find it hard to believe that I'm the first guy you've ever wanted to be with. I'm a cranky, mean, rat of a man."