"Yeah, of course! I- uh- its was a tear of happiness, lied, my voice thick. I sniffed and looked back up at him, pressing my lips together in a smile.

He stared, stepping closer, rechecking himself, and backing up. He nodded.

"Call him. This... this is a wonderful opportunity for you, and you deserve it," he said, avoiding my eyes as his own shined with water.

I stared,wanting to jump forward and hug him, but knowing I couldn't. He was at a cross roads. I knew he liked me, and he knew I liked him. It,would be mean of me to encourage something that could never happen, to tease our relationship like that and to lead us both on.

I nodded, backing up and turning to my desk. "Thanks, again, Mr MacNeill. I'm... l'm beyond grateful, I said with a smile, looking back at him as I tossed my bag onto my shoulder and scooped my books into my arms. He nodded, his eyes still on the ground.

"You're welcome. I wish you the best of luck," he said with a slightly strained smile, glancing in my direction but not looking at me. I nodded, my eyes welling up some more, before I turned andwalked out of the room.

"Making out with Mr MacNeill?" Delilah's floating voice asked the second I exited into the hall slowed, looking at her and her giggling friends, all lined up against the wall right outside the door. I wrinkled my brow. Were they... spying?

"Sleep with your teacher to get a job?" I opened my mouth, a bit taken aback. Why was she being so aggressive about this?

I closed my mouth again and started down the hall, my brow knit. I took out the business card and looked down at it as I pulled out my phone. I dialed the number and put it to my ear, waiting. A few ringslater, someone picked up.

"Hello, Mark speaking," a business like voice asked.

"Hi, um, is this Mark Campbell with Devon Fritz?" I asked. There was a pause.

"Yes," the voice said attentive now. "Is this Wyatt's girl, Noelle Guascato?"

"Yeah, and- uh-I'm not Wyatt's-"

"Okay, great. I'll meet you at James' Cafe on Cedarcrest," he said, informative and dominent. I nodded.

"Uh-yeah- I said. He hung up. I wrinkled my brow and looked at my phone. This was new.

I sat at a table outside the cafe, a cup of iced coffee in front of me, my eyes on Mark Campbell, who was just inside ordering a coffee for himself. He was a fast talking, fast moving, man, with long legs and a head of dirty blond, combed, hair.

He seemed... preoccupied, as if he always had something more important on his mind. My mind
flashed back to Wyatt's warning. Yeah... he was a bit much at first.

"So, Noelle, Wyatt showed me some pictures, both of your work in photography and modelling. I have to say I'm very impressed. You have more than just potential. You are half way to professional already. And in person you look even better, and you didn't wear makeup which is perfect," he said all in a rush, pointing at me with raised eyebrows and an intense look of his chocolaty eyes.

"Don't wear makeup unless you're going to a ball or a job, okay? Now, you have my card, show up tomorrow to fill out some forms, and we will be set!"

"Wait, I got the job already?" I asked, eyes widening.
He smiled "I'm not passing up someone with your talent demeanor, and respectful silence. Welcome to
the team," he said quickly, shaking my hand, turning on his heel, and walking off.

I stared, hand still in mid-air, watching him go with a dropped jaw. That was fast and easy. Then it hit me what just happened I laughed, looking around with a glowing feeling of completion inside of me. I just got a job! My first job! And I was already an expert at it by the judgment of my boss.

I drank from my cup again, looking around with a smile. I squealed a little, feeling like l could jump for joy, and slid form my chair. I started heading back for the university, thinking of ways to thank Wyatt and Mark both. I thought of Wyatt especially.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I've taken forever to update, my computer's still broken and I just got my new phone today so hopefully I'll be able to update at least once a week instead of two a week like I previously did but I might not post for another couple of weeks since I'm moving, but other than that I'll try updating every Friday and maybe Monday. Till next time.