Chapter 25

* Xander’s POV *

The whole reason I wanted all of these to happen was to help them complete the family they didn’t grew up with, especially with the sisters being separated as early as they were even born. Like I was, we didn’t get to meet our parents and be with them to create memories that we would live by our whole life. We didn’t have an instant shoulder to cry on when we needed someone. We may have bumped into each other when we grew older, but it only made new scars by competing with one another.

Like for example, between Slade and I. We ended up competing our whole lives that we didn’t even get a chance to be happy at one point. It was too late when we had proper fixed things up. No matter how much I wanted to feel his warm embrace of letting me know that we were finally okay.

Then, there was Bailey and Serenity who both fell in love with the same prince charming. Things weren’t going well at the beginning, and it may be one of the reasons why the true OTP were being separated, but because of their patience, they’re now finally happy with one another.

Even if I feel like I helped them in a way, I still feel invisible, unwanted, and someone that they wouldn’t remember years and years after.

I was that child that people wanted to get rid of. No matter how much David says that wasn’t true, I could still feel the treatment wasn’t changed. I still wanted to stay being Xander, I couldn’t even call myself the person that was supposed to be Jacob Hughes – the one person that Slade wanted to be in the first place.

To be honest, sometimes I think it would have been better if Slade and I changed our lives. He would get what he wanted, to become Jacob Hughes, not because of the money and fame that came with it, but because of the love that Carla has given him. Slade grew up competing for that love, which made him do everything that that woman would say. I couldn’t even get myself to call her mum, only because in my mind, she ruined my life more than anyone.

Because of her plans, I found my real family, not that I was even looking for them. I was contented with the Wells, always was. Though now, I couldn’t stop myself from being insecure of what’s been happening.

They got everything they wanted in the first place. Bailey got John, the Hughes’ are together, Grace and David reunited, and Blade and Slade have a better sibling relationship, among a few things. Though, one still remained the same. Slade have figured out that Carla never loved him, even if she was sitting in jail. To think that would help her fix herself up, she just continued on being that selfish mother, putting blame to his failures.

Never would I want a mother like that, like Carla.

A rock bouncing off in the water disrupted my thoughts. I was sitting on top of a wooden pole with a lake right in front of me. It was real early in the morning, quite foggy and cold and I don’t think a normal person would be up at a time like this.

Only if you were a photographer and wanted to have a scenic mode, then this would be a perfect time. But no one was around, besides me and Sparky.

“This is one of those moments I always wanted to do. Like be above everything else and enjoy the scenery in front of me while I think. I have never done this when I was alive.” Sparky spoke, which surprised me a bit. Every time I was with him, he jokes about anything he would see so this was all new to me.

“You got some drama in you too, huh?” I commented as I stole a rock from his hand, throwing it on the water. The sound of the rock was the only noise we heard, though it was still peaceful.

“Everyone has, though some choose not to show it to other people.” He explained. I nodded, agreeing with what he said. People have different characteristics; some would want to share it, while others opt not to say a thing. “So, what’s wrong this time? Isn’t this what you wanted? To make them happy?”