Chapter 13

* Bailey’s POV *

“…He’s still out of his usual…” Blade uttered, telling the other guys, most possibly about Slade, who has been in his room forever. Since the trial which happened two days ago, he has been spending some time alone, away from all the festivities at home for winning the court trial against the bad person.

Of course, we all feel happy about it – that’s not something someone should question. However, I do admit that I feel bad towards what had happened. For once, I do understand Slade, but I couldn’t just send his mother out of prison. She has to deal with the issues she had created. Too bad though, she had to learn it the hard way.

But then again, you know something is up if even Serenity who proper hated Slade at some point was also concerned of him. “Will he be okay?” She asked Blade.

“He just needs some time.” Blade uttered. “He’ll make it through. He’s not alone, and he will never be.” He explained as everyone who was in the room nodded their heads, confirming that they’re here for support.

“I don’t feel like leaving now.” Love shared. “Like I know you guys are my family and I had told you at the start, I wanted to leave when it’s all done, but I couldn’t anymore. I love you, guys!” People cooed of how sweet that was as Chase smiled widely, perhaps he was happy that Love chose to stay.

“Love said everyone, Chase. Not just you.” Jared uttered, killing the lovey time Chase was having. He then received a deathly glare from lover boy.

“Same, to be honest.” Serenity agreed. “Even if I feel like you all wanted me to go at first, but hopefully, I had changed your minds?” She told us, forcing a smile at the end of her question.

“Of course, everyone deserves a second chance!” Faith exclaimed as her arms rose up in the air, signaling everyone to come forward and join the group hug. “Come on, Bailey! You’re missing out!” She called me as I followed and we all hugged.

“We’re missing Slade.” I uttered. It was different without him. I feel like a whole part of me was missing when he’s not with us. “I miss my Jacob.”

“Oh thank goodness, John is out for work.” Faith and Serenity chimed in as they both laughed. Perhaps thinking John would get jealous about what I had just said, creating a new issue between the two, when there shouldn’t be any.

I guess that’s the whole reason why Carla had started everything. It wasn’t just out of love for our dad, but it was mostly because she wasn’t able to let go of the fact that the guy she wanted didn’t have the same feelings for her. She was more scared of rejection and thought that revenge was the only way to make her happy. But in all honesty, if she could have just accepted everything and learned to forgive and let go, maybe it didn’t have to end this way.

But then, I didn’t know her. Maybe something like this happened to her in the past and it all got boiled up inside of her, until all what she could see and feel in her heart has something to do with revenge and payback. That she wasn’t able to feel the love and care that her other son was providing her with, thinking that no one loves her anymore because all she could think about was hurting the other person. For a long time, that was her life story, and I kind of feel bad that she had understood the things when everything already had fallen apart, especially now that Xander was gone.

For a parent, one of the most heartbreaking events in their lives would be if their children died before them. So I guess, it was her point of realising these facts when all was too late. She could have had stopped when she had Xander, though I know she would still have to pay for what she had done. At least, her son was still alive.