Chapter 1

* John’s POV *

Regret.

One word that would best describe what I felt like the moment everything was done. My life was full of regrets, which obviously, would put a stain in my heart forever.

It was one of those moments you’d know that won’t come back into your life anymore. No matter how much you try, it just won’t happen. Getting someone’s life back wasn’t possible. At some point in life, we all had to say our goodbyes to them, praying that they may be happy wherever they might be right now.

Even if in reality, I wasn’t happy of the outcome. It’s not that I regret saving Harley, because that’s one of the things I wouldn’t regret at all. I just regret that I didn’t do anything, feeling all selfish about my life.

I just wish that this death would serve justice and peace for everyone, and not go down the drain like the rest of them.

For starters, I think it already had. Carla Evans-Conners was now sitting pretty inside prison for multiple accounts of murder, theft, drugs, and illegal possession of firearms. All of her posses were also sent to jail as well as Slade, for helping out her mother.

However, I think Blade and Chase are working out on his bail. We all know he had done some things in the past, but during the latter part, he helped us and fixed the things. Going against his mother must be difficult for him, but it was the only way to save everyone.

However, not everyone was saved like how we planned it.

If everyone was, then I wouldn’t be sitting out here, watching the casket being lowered to the ground, with colorful flowers around it. I wouldn’t be here regretting of that night when I should have done something, instead of standing there frozen like a statue.

My hands rested on top of my knees as my head lowered with regret, breathing heavily as tears watered my face, flowing nonstop. I still can’t get over the fact that this was real, and it wasn’t some nightmare. In all honesty, I wished this was one of my nightmares, seeing that my dreams had come true, and then maybe, they would be a different effect or outcome, and we could all have avoided this situation.

If only things were that easy…

“John, it’s about to rain.” Serenity came forward, rubbing my back soothingly, but after I had recognized who she was, I was back to the view in front of me. People were starting to drop flowers before they cover it up with soil.

Faith sat in front of me and had given me a stem of white rose, pulling me up from my seat and leading me in front. Cries were evident around the area, getting more into my heart, making it hard to control the tears I tried to stop.

Looking around the place, I saw police officers observing the surroundings. Since that night, they have been watching us in case something else happens, even if the culprit was already sitting in jail. There’s no harm in being safe.

“Slade, you came!” Faith exclaimed and as I turned around, he was accompanied by cops, his hands were handcuffed. Love gave him a stem of white rose as well and nodded my way. He dropped the flower and stepped back as everyone’s eyes shifted to me, waiting for me to drop the last one.

After some heavy breathing, I managed to drop the last rose. The family and friends gave me a minute with the coffin, giving me an alone time with it. Perhaps to say the last things I needed to get out of my heart, though all of it was being sorry.

“I’m sorry.” Was the only thing I could utter as tears trickled down my cheeks. I couldn’t help it, feeling weak in the knees, about to fall down. If it weren’t for Serenity supporting me right now, I don’t think I can make it.