"no!" i yell again, though i know it won't help a bit. "quick, we need to get in the car before they get too far!"

"jungkook," dad grabs my arm, "we came here riding bikes, remember?"

"shit, shit, shit!" i curse loudly, making a few heads turn in my direction.

i look around again, searching for answers, and an idea suddenly comes to my head. i turn to my father with a pleading expression on my face.

"dad," i say, "can we please borrow a car?"

his brows furrow. "what? no, jungkook, we already talked about it: i'm only gonna help if you do nothing illegal and-"

"dad," i repeat more confidently. "taehyung is in danger, i can't risk his life. plus it's not like i won't put it back where i took it! please, let me steal a car!"

he frowns at me for some more but eventually sighs and nods. "alright," he mumbles, "but it's only this once!"

"thank you, dad!"

as i examine the line of cars parked by the hospital, i quickly spot the right vehicle - a pink porsche 911 - and start making my way towards it. i don't even care about the color.

"couldn't you choose a cheaper one?!" minho asks with desperation in his voice.

i shrug, unlocking the door with ease. "it's the fastest. plus, we're gonna bring it back, remember?"

my father only sighs and plops down next to the driver's seat.

it takes me two minutes to start the car, and then we're off.

racing through the street i look out for the black car mr. smirk was driving and finally notice it about a kilometer away from us. he takes a left turn at his next stoplight, and as the lights turn red for me, i push the pedal even harder, earning a dozen of angry beeps from other drivers. i don't care right now. the only thing i care about is taehyung. it has always been that way.

i turn left where mr. smirk does and catch a glimpse of his black bumper as they turn right at the next corner. is he playing with me? i turn right, then i turn right again after him, and then i turn left twice. it goes on for about 20 minutes. poor tae must be sick in that trunk already. but then as i turn right again, their car suddenly disappears from sight and i push the brakes, the porsche stopping so abruptly that i almost bang my forehead onto the driver's wheel.

"fuck!" i cry out. my hands are shaking from anger as taehyung's probably are from fear. "where did they go?!"

"calm down and drive on!" minho urges me. "i'm sure there's some kind of an alleyway with a dead end somewhere here."

i follow his advice and set off a bit slower, checking the buildings for a hidden passage. and there certainly is one just a few hundred meters ahead. i take a sharp turn, almost crashing into the wall, and drive into a yard that looks like no foot has stepped here since last century.

and surely there is the black car, parked right in front of the door that has just closed before my eyes.

i pull to a halt and jump out of the vehicle.

"quick dad, they're inside!"

"wait, jungkook!" he stops me, grabbing my arm again. "do you have any weapons to protect yourself? there's two of them, isn't there?"

"yeah, so what? i don't care as long as-"

"yeah, taehyung shall live if you have something to protect him with, but you don't!" he argues.

he has a point, but i have no idea what to use as a weapon so i just show him my clenched fists and storm inside the building.

"oh, we've been waiting for you, jeon jungkook."